The Ricoh GXR + S10 Kit is just one possible combination from Ricoh's unique interchangeable camera system. The GXR Body and the Ricoh Lens S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Camera Unit 2 work together to give the user multiple creative options in a compact, mirrorless design, while virtually eliminating dust. The enclosed nature of system eliminates the problem of dust on the sensor or in the lens. Also, the removal and attachment of other Camera Units is seamless. If the user wants to try out a different lens/sensor combination, they just need to slide the S10 out and put in the optional Camera Unit of their choice for a new shooting experience.
When it comes to the Body, a hot shoe, SD memory card slot, on-camera controls, and a 3.0" LCD are all among its highlights. The S10 Camera Unit on the other hand features a 10Mp 1/1.7" CCD image sensor and Ricoh's Smooth Imaging Engine IV for processing of your images to the sensor, along with efficient running of the camera's various functions. Other highlights of the S10 Camera Unit include extreme close-up macro shooting, image stabilization, various AF and AE modes, and of course, 640 x 480 video capture.
In addition to the GXR Body and the S10 Camera Unit, along with the other units available, there are also numerous optional accessories which can be added onto the system. Flashes, hoods, and even viewfinders can all be attached to the body and/or Camera Units for expanded creative options.
- From Portraits to Landscapes - 24-72mm Scene Versatility
- RICOH LENS S10 24-72mm has a 3.0x optical zoom lens with coverage from 24mm wide-angle to 72mm medium telephoto. So it can be a wide-angle lens convenient for both expansive landscapes and narrow indoor spaces, a standard lens providing a natural visual field with an angle of view close to that of the naked eye, and a medium telephoto lens, a type that is frequently used for portraits and that provides a view similar to the eye when concentrating on a single point. With this wide focal length coverage in a single lens, it is possible to handle a diverse range of subjects. The photographer can enjoy visual effects unique to photography, such as using the wide-angle capability to get close to the subject and emphasize perspective
- Excellent Correction of Various Types of Aberrations - Sharp Optical Performance
- The lens configuration has 7 groups and 11 elements, and the rear focus technique convenient for fast AF is used. Including the first element, a large-diameter aspherical lens, there are a total of 4 aspherical lens elements situated in optimum positions. Using special low-dispersion glass and other techniques, we have achieved compact size while suppressing image distortion and color fringing near the edge, even at 24mm wide-angle. High-resolution and contrast are achieved at all focal lengths. In production, the lens group optical axis and image sensor gradient are precisely adjusted in micron units. Superior optical performance to the edge of the image is insured before the image is delivered to the photographer
- Capture Impressive Detail from 1cm Point-Blank Range - Close-Up Macro Photography
- RICOH LENS S10 24-72mm can do close-up photography with a minimum shooting distance of 1cm (wide-angle; distance from front of lens). In addition, with zoom macro, which provides greater magnification than standard macro, it is possible to fill the frame with a 17 x 132mm subject or a 4.3 x 3.2mm subject if digital zoom is also used
- High-Sensitivity CCD Achieves Natural and High-Quality Shots
- RICOH LENS S10 24-72mm will be used as the photographer's "everyday" zoom lens. So it utilizes a 1/1.7" high-sensitivity image sensor to achieve both high-level image quality and superior portability. Featuring both high-sensitivity and low-noise characteristics, this CCD can handle the wide sensitivity setting range of ISO 100 to 3200. Even in high-sensitivity photography, it is possible to obtain natural-looking images with tonal gradations
- Distinct Images Without Blurring - Camera Shake Correction and High-Sensitivity Setting
- RICOH LENS S10 24-72mm uses the Vibration Correction function developed independently by Ricoh. It is effective for preventing the camera shake that can occur in various situations, such as when you want an ambient-light atmosphere for sunset or party scenes, when shooting in museums and other public facilities where flash use is prohibited, and when shooting nightscapes beyond flash range. In addition, blurring from both camera shake and subject movement can be suppressed using the high-sensitivity shooting capability of up to ISO 3200
- Greater Flexibility and Power of Expression - Extensive Selection of Lens Accessories
- An easy to attach bayonet-type self-retaining lens cap (LC-2) is available. It is effective for protecting the lens and preventing lens cap loss. Of course, the major benefit is that it increases shooting flexibility by eliminating the effort and inconvenience of having to remove/attach the lens cap every time a picture is taken. There is also a 19 mm wide conversion lens (DW-6) with a wide angle of view and a teleconversion lens (TC-1) that can shoot 135 mm telephoto. These conversion lenses will increase your power of expression with the ability to achieve greater perspective effects at maximum wide-angle and greater distance compression effects at maximum telephoto. Conversion lenses are mounted using the hood & adapter (HA-3). When HA-3 is attached, filters (43 mm diameter, general purpose) can be used
- Additional Functions
- VGA movies (640 x 480), a convenient size for use on personal computers
- Aspect ratio setting allows selection of 16:9, 4:3, 3:2, or 1:1
- Continuous shooting at approximately 30 fps (picture quality: 640 x 480)
- Shooting capacity with GXR body attached: approximately 410 images