The BenQ MW814ST Short Throw Digital Projector is a powerful, versatile projector with 2500 ANSI lumens of brightness at a 4000:1 contrast ratio that renders large, bright images even when you have a fair amount of ambient light to cope with.
The ST in MW814ST stands for short throw, an attribute that makes this projector a favorite of educators. The MW814ST can fill a 95" (2.4 m) screen from only 39" (1 m) away. What that means is more floor space for audience members, less interruptions and less chance of you being an inadvertent shadow puppet by interfering with the beam.
But the MW814ST can do lots more than make large bright pictures. For one thing, it can make them all over the world. It's got an international auto-switching 100 to 240V, 50/60Hz power supply and it can project video in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM standards. And speaking of international, its onscreen display (OSD) offers your choice of 28 languages.
The MW814ST is also compatible with most Macintosh and PC resolution and of course it does 720p, 1080i and 1080p high resolution. The projector's wide connectivity includes component, composite, USB, S-video and audio inputs.
The MW814ST makes beautiful, vivid pictures thanks to its Texas Instruments DLP DMD (Digital Light Processor Digital Micromirror Device) imaging panel with BrilliantColor. These millions of microscopic mirrors operate so fast that they can project one image for each eye, making 3D in your home and office a reality. Your projector is ready to bring you everything from fantastic scientific visualizations to stunning 3D movies. BenQ was the first company to use BrilliantColor technology in its projectors.
This projector also has four picture modes for PC and A/V inputs. The modes are specialized for brightly lit rooms, presentations, viewing photos and watching movies plus two user modes allow you to save your own picture preferences.
- WXGA Widescreen Projection Excellence
- Engage your class with BenQ's WXGA (1280 x 800) short-throw picture performance. Comparing to 4:3 projections, WXGA widescreen projection boosts your total viewing area by 30% - making more effective use of the whiteboards and blackboards in class. What's more, with sharper, clearer images and less shadow distractions, you'll find your students much better focused in class
- 2500 ANSI Lumen Brightness
- A 2500 ANSI lumens projection lamp ensures great viewing even in locations with low ambient light. The MW814ST is ideal for small-sized meeting room with under 25 people
- 4000:1 High Contrast Ratio
- The MW814ST boasts a high contrast ratio of 4000:1. High contract ratios translate to razor-sharp detail definition and a broader range of subtle color differences, which makes text is sharper, cleaner, and easy to read
- World-Leading Short-throw Projection
- This undisputed short-throw leader offers picture quality excellence defined by astonishing color performance and well-focused text projection with its very own aspherical lens design
- The Good Things that Come in Short Distances
Zero space constraints
Just imagine the freedom of having the same projection quality with half the required distance! You'll have better flexibility in choosing your projection locations. That's the magic of short throw.
Zero eye-blinding lights
The short throw projection distance keeps the projector light from shinning directly into your eyes, allowing you to keep your focus on your audience.
Say goodbye to the annoying shadows. With a projection distance this close, you can move freely without worrying about obstructions between the projector and the screen
- Built-In 10W Big Audio Power
- The MW814ST features one built-in 10W speaker to help enrich your presentation with top quality audio performances
- LAN Control with Crestron, PJ-Link and AMX
- LAN control is designed to help IT managers perform day-to-day projector maintenance and repair tasks efficiently and effectively - offering them full access and control over every projector directly from their workstations. The MW814ST offers seamless support for the Crestron, PJ-Link and AMX LAN control system
- Readily Available Teaching Templates
- To make your teaching job easier, BenQ has added the teaching template function to the MW814ST. Now, with four different line pattern designs to choose from - Letter formation, musical staff, worksheet and coordinate chart, you can easily write or draw on whiteboards as well as blackboards without the need of drawing lines or charts
- Stereoscopic 3D Ready Projection
- The MW814ST comes standard-equipped with DLP Link-supported 3D projection technology to bring you the same amazing 3D effects you get in 3D movies. Unlike traditional 3D projector systems that require two perfectly aligned projectors with two separate video feeds to deliver 3D projection, BenQ's system requires only one - making it the perfect choice for all projection use
- Free of Filter Maintenance and Replacement
- With the DLP filter-free design, you get to save the cost and hassles of filter maintenance and replacement all together - and get better projection quality, too
- Reliable Color Performance and Virtually Color Decay-Free
- BenQ projectors that use DLP technology are virtually immune to color decay - the yellow/green tint that some projector images develop over extended periods of usage. This is one technological advantage that you'll get to enjoy - year after year
- BenQ's greatest efforts to comply with green regulations include the replacement of hazardous substances, material selection, packaging design, energy-saving design and other aspects of their products
- Additional Features
Network settings allowing management of projector status from a computer using a Web
3D function to enjoy the 3D movies, videos, and sporting events in a more realistic way by presenting the depth of the images
Brilliant color/ VIDI to provide truer, more vibrant colors in picture
Closed captioning to display the dialogue, narration, and sound effects of TV programs and videos
Variable audio output
Wall color correction allowing projection on surfaces of several predefined colors
Quick auto search speeding up the signal detecting process
Selectable password protected function
3D color management allowing color adjustments to your liking
Selectable quick cooling function making the projector cool in a shorter time
Presentation timer for better control of time during presentations
One-key auto-adjustment to display the best picture quality
Digital keystone correction to correct distorted images
Adjustable color balance control for data/video display
Ability to display 1.07 billion colors
Multi-language On-Screen Display (OSD) menus
Switchable normal and economic modes to reduce the power consumption
Built-in speaker providing mixed mono audio when an audio input is connected
Component HDTV compatibility (YPbPr)