With the Smart Viera 55" Class E50 Series Full HD LED HDTV, Panasonic continues to build upon technology that brings you tomorrow's technology today. The vivid contrast, low operating cost, slim design and environmentally friendly attributes of LEDs are well known but recent strides in backlighting technology backed by decreasing cost have made these TVs increasingly popular. The magic starts with the IPS (In Plane Switching) Panel which provides optimal quality even when viewed 178 degrees off axis. Videophiles will be able to have all the benefits of the movie theater at home with 24p Cinematic Playback, which recreates the look of movies shot for the theater screen at 24 frames-per-second.
Convenience features include an SD media card slot and 2 USB ports for viewing media directly from a memory cards and sticks. The TC-L55E50's Media Player allows you to enjoy an extensive range of photo, video and audio formats. Your TV's wide connectivity also includes 4 HDMI inputs as well as component, composite and optical inputs. Let's not forget that the TC-L55E50's WiFi capability gives you even more layout flexibility (requires adapter). Connect a DLNA-compatible Viera and DLNA-compatible AV equipment to your home network, and you can watch movies, listen to music, and view photos from any room in the house.
Gamers will appreciate the 1,080 lines of moving-picture resolution coupled with Game Mode which optimizes contrast and sharpness and accelerates image processing. The C.A.T.S. (Contrast Automatic Tracking System) will even adjust the screen's brightness in relation to the ambient light conditions.
Finally, not only is your TV eco-friendly, but it's loaded with energy-saving features like auto shut-off and Intelligent Auto Standby that continue to save you money and reduce your carbon footprint long after your purchase.
- 24p Cinema Smoother - Naturally Flowing Film Images
- The system analyzes the frames before and after, and generates and inserts three new frames. By displaying images with 96 frames compared to the 24-frame original source, smooth images are produced without the blurring that is typical of movies.
- Wide Viewing Angle - Brilliant Images from Every Seat
- With VIERA's wide 178° viewing angle, you see clear, vibrant images from every seat in the room. The backlight features a wide transmission aperture that enhances contrast between light and dark and improves response to provide smoother motion images.
- Smartphone Remote - Viera Remote App Support
- Enjoy more intuitive free-point operation for web browsing, by using the touch screen as a touchpad. The Viera Remote App lets you use a smartphone or tablet device as a remote control. Both tap and flick-based commands are intuitive. Text input is easy, too, with familiar keyboard operation. These handy devices also make great gamepads.
- Game Pad Operation
- Gamepad content for Viera Connect game applications can be enjoyed on the large screen which is perfect for group gaming.
- Free Point Operation
- More intuitive free-point operation for web browsing, by using the touch screen as a touchpad.
- Browser Linkage - Linking Content Enables Greater Enjoyment
- You can easily display web pages accessed by your smart phone on your Viera TV.
- Media Flick
- Present photos, music and movies that are on your smart phone on your Viera TV.
- Product Support Center - Instant Support When You Need It
- Easy-to-understand frequently asked questions (FAQ) about connecting peripheral devices and operating methods are explained via movies. A video guide can be accessed from Viera Connect.
- eHELP - Inside the User's Manual
- No need to search through the user's manual. Now you can find out how to operate and connect devices right on your TV screen. Just press the Help button on the remote control to display eHELP.
- Viera Connect Takes You to a New World
- Viera Connect is an internet service for TVs based on the use of cloud servers. It brings you video-on-demand (VOD), catch-up TV, games, educational content, and lots more, through a wide range of apps. It's a great way to relax in your living room with family and friends.
- WiFi Ready - Neat and Comfortable Wireless Internet Connection
- It's easy to connect to the internet or a home network by using the Wireless LAN Adapter. There is no need for cords or cables, so the layout is flexible and the room stays neat and uncluttered. Using a wireless connection for VIERA Connect and employing the DLNA function make it easy to share photos and movies. (Wireless LAN Adaptor is sold separately)
- DLNA - A Home Network Linking the Entire House
- A DLNA-compatible Viera TV makes network connection super easy. It makes content easy to share by linking equipment over a home network. Enjoy photos, movies, music and more in the living room, bedroom, or any room in the house (required Wireless LAN Adaptor is sold separately).
- Game Mode - Get More Excitement Out of Gaming
- Games are much more fun when there's no lag in operation. Your TV automatically chooses settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast response and no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful displayed. Game Mode makes all of the game apps on Viera Connect even more fun to play.
- Media Player - Play Various Types of Formats Easily
Simply insert an SD Memory Card or USB memory stick into the slot to enjoy previously saved photos, video clips and music on VIERA's large screen. You can also add frames and other effects to your photos and videos, and create slide shows complete with background music. A wide variety of formats are supported, so you can listen to PC-based music files and web movies right on your TV.
Supported formats: AVCHD Progressive / SD-VIDEO / MotionJPEG (Lumix)/ MKV / MP4/MOV / M4v / FLV / 3GPP / VRO / VOB / TS / PS, MP3 / AAC / FLAC, JPEG
- Viera Link - One Remote Controls Them All
- Viera Link interlinks the operation of various AV devices, so you can operate them all using only the Viera remote. Setup is easy, too. Simply connect the devices to each other via HDMI cables.
- Eco Mode - Searching for Waste and Automatically Saving Power
- This mode automatically turns the power off and adjusts the brightness depending on the TV's operating status. Settings can be configured by selecting Eco mode from Viera Tools.
- Auto Shut Down
- This setting automatically turns the power off when there's no image signal for 10 minutes or more, or when there's no activity for three hours or more.
- Power Save
- This setting adjusts screen brightness to reduce power consumption.
- Power Saving Functions in Viera Link - Ecological and Easy
- Intelligent Auto Standby minimizes the power of each connected device depending on usage to reduce wasted energy.
- C.A.T.S. (Contrast Automatic Tracking System)
- This feature detects the brightness of the room and automatically adjusts screen brightness accordingly. When the room darkens, it lowers the screen brightness and adjusts the image quality for easier viewing while suppressing power consumption.