The Panasonic 37mm PL Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. A polarizer is able to absorb much of this polarized light and, in turn, increase the saturation of skies and foliage, cut through distant haze, and minimize reflections in glass and on water.
A circular polarizer differs from a linear polarizer in that it integrates a quarter wave plane within a linear polarizing filter. The addition of this helps to circularly polarize reflected light, which enables your camera's autofocus and auto-exposure mechanisms to function properly.
This filter features a slim filter ring design for reducing vignetting with wide angle lenses.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- Slim design helps to reduce vignetting when used in conjunction with wide angle lenses.