The compact and rugged Contour+2 Hands-Free Full HD Action Camcorder from Contour keeps things simple for capturing high-quality action video while the world is rushing past you at high speed. With a lockable Instant On-Record switch, all you have to do to start recording is turn the camera on. Plus, its durable aluminum shell is impact-resistant and Contour even includes a waterproof housing with your purchase - so you'll be able to comfortably record down to a depth of 197' (60 m). The Contour+2 has an ultra-lightweight body and its array of available mounts make it the ideal choice for skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, skydiving, motocross, kayaking, surfing, mountain biking and more.
The Contour+2 can capture 1080p, 720p and 480p video. It also supports 5-megapixel still image capture. For enhanced shot performance, the camera supports adjustable white balance, contrast, sharpness, exposure and metering. Plus, you can download Contour's available app and turn your smartphone or other mobile device into a remote control for the camera. The app also lets you use your mobile device to preview your shots.
Contour designed the camera with a wide-angle, 170° lens that actually rotates 270° in the body so that you can mount the camera at any angle, using either the standard tripod thread or the integrated TRail mount system that works with all of Contour's optional accessory mounts. There's also a high-precision laser level built right into the camera, which allows you to adjust the orientation of the lens and level out the horizon before you start recording.
The Contour+2 features built-in Bluetooth as well, which you can use to control your camera via a Bluetooth-enabled mobile device. It is also equipped with a GPS receiver, which captures speed, location, elevation and distance. This lets you infuse a geographical narrative into your movies and photos. Other features include an external microphone jack, mini-USB port and 120 frames per second high-speed video capture for super slow motion.
- Your Data -- Everywhere
- Unique to Contour, a GPS receiver allows you to capture and share a different perspective. The Contour+2 provides beautiful HD video with overlays for speed, elevation and distance, so what you share to Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo just got a lot more interesting
- Mobile Connectivity Right Out of the Box
- Use your mobile device to preview your shot before and while you're recording, as a remote control, or to tweak your camera settings in the field
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Thanks to built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity, you can use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device to adjust camera settings, preview your shot and start and stop recording
- Pre-Installed Connect View Card
- The pre-installed Connect View Card allows your iPhone or iPod touch to become a wireless viewfinder for your Contour+2 camera. Together with the Contour Mobile App, Connect View allows you to see what your camera sees before you record and change your settings in real-time. Use your phone to line up the shot, adjust your settings (video, lighting, or audio), and you're ready to record your adventure
- Locking Instant On-Record Switch
- No power button, no problem. Simply slide the Instant On-Record switch into its locking position to ensure you shoot exactly when you're ready
- Improved Action Video
- Contour has used their roster of top-notch action sports athletes in the world's most diverse conditions to help test and fine-tune the sensor in the Contour+2, which supports ultra high-quality action video
- Record Up to 120 Frames Per Second (fps)
- In addition to shooting in four different HD modes including 1080p, the Contour+2 also shoots 120 fps in 480p. That means super slow motion video is possible
- Waterproof Case Included
- When you need to submerge your camera, the included waterproof case will bring your aqua adventures to life. The Contour+2 waterproof case is rated down to a depth of 197' (60 m)
- Low-Profile Design
- Contour cameras have won numerous awards for their stylish, yet functional, low-profile design. The Contour+2 keeps the tradition alive with a streamlined, lightweight and beautiful design
- Take the Contour+2 anywhere. With a huge variety of mounts to choose from, as well as the included waterproof case, the Contour+2 will work virtually anywhere. The 170° wide angle lens with 270° rotation allows for mounting in any position
- External Microphone Jack
- Achieve clear, crisp audio easily with Contour+2's external microphone jack. Mic gain is easily adjusted in the settings menu from the mobile app or Storyteller
- Completely Customizable Video
- The Contour+2 gives you the ability to fine-tune your camera settings. Adjust white balance, contrast, sharpness, exposure and metering to customize the perfect shot, whether on the snow in sun or deep in the woods
- Laser Alignment
- Get the correct angle any time with the built-in laser level