The Schneider 72mm f/5.6 Super-Angulon XL Lens is a long-time professional's favorite for use as a wide angle lens for the 4x5 format. It provides an angle of view on 4x5 which is similar to a 19mm lens in the 35mm format, but with a very large image circle to allow creative control for the photographer-in fact, it has the largest image circle of any 72mm large format lens. The Super-Angulon XL lenses have extremely high correction of distortion, which is critical in architectural photography. Beyond the coverage, the lens' large f/5.6 maximum aperture helps to ease the difficulty of focusing the camera in poor light.
The 72mm Super-Angulon XL's 115° angle of coverage permits generous shifts on the 4x5 format, particularly beneficial when capturing buildings from ground level. With a maximum rear barrel diameter of 75mm, it can be used upon many field cameras, including those designed around the Linhof Technika size lensboards.
The 72mm Super-Angulon XL uses 95mm filters, and for critical work with transparency film it is strongly recommended to use their dedicated #4b center filter.
- Extremely sharp ultra wide lens for professional results in the 4x5 format (can also be used upon 5x7 cameras)
- Excellent correction of perspective distortion
- Increased coverage to an extreme 115°
- Bright maximum aperture to allow easier focusing
- Largest image circle of any 72mm large format lens
- Maximum image circle of 229mm allows ±44mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 4x5 format
- Accepts 95mm filters
- Optional center filter for critical correction of light falloff when working with transparency films
- Standard-style Copal #0 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/500th speed