The compact and rugged Sony HDR-AS15 HD Action Camcorder with WiFi is designed for point-of-view (POV) shooting during action sports including skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, surfing, motocross, skydiving, mountain biking and other outdoor adventure sports. The lightweight, wearable action camcorder weighs only 3.2 oz (90 g) and it supports up to Full HD 1920 x 1080p video recording at 60 fps (with firmware 3.0 or higher). It also supports other shooting modes including a 2x and 4x Slow Motion Video Mode. The 2x Slow Motion Mode supports 1280 x 720p video capture at 60 fps and the 4x Slow Motion Mode supports 1280 x 720p video capture at an amazing 120 fps. Having 120 frames per second to break down video frame-by-frame makes the 4x Slow Motion Mode a valuable tool for both movie making and review of your tricks, line, form and technique.
The HDR-AS15 provides WiFi capability. This means that WiFi enabled mobile phones and tablets that are equipped with Sony's free PlayMemories app can pull optimized movies and photos from the HDR-AS15 without a cable. Once the video is copied onto your mobile device, you can use its 3G or 4G mobile broadband connection to email movies to friends and family or upload your footage to social media sites.
Sony includes a ruggedized waterproof housing with the HDR-AS15. The waterproof housing has a universal tripod mount and is waterproof down to a depth of 197' (60 m). It is also dirt and dust resistant, which makes the camera nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain, sand and grime. The HDR-AS15 also comes with two adhesive mounts that securely attach to most flat and curved surfaces.
The HDR-AS15 is equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens that supports an ultra-wide 170° viewing angle. The camera also has a back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor, which supports superb low light performance and Full HD video. To compensate for camera shake that's typical when shooting POV sports action, the Sony action camera features SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode. SteadyShot uses an innovative 3-way shake-canceling function to reduce blur caused by camera shake.
Other convenient features on the HDR-AS15 include "Press-n-Go" recording, HDMI connectivity and a built-in stereo microphone for capturing high-quality audio to go along with the Full HD video. The "Press-n-Go" recording function allows you to press a large start/stop button just once to begin recording, and the HDMI output lets you playback your footage on a large HDTV screen in 1080p Full HD resolution. The camera is also outfitted with a Memory Stick Micro and microSD/SDHC memory card slot for recording directly onto a memory card.
New Features with Firmware 3.0
- PS Recording Mode (1920×1080/60p)
Allows you to shoot smoother video in fast moving scenes using this new, higher frame rate of 60p. Also play back 60p movies on your compatible PC and TV.
Note: 60p playback may not be compatible with some smartphones and tablets due to spec/performance.
- Water Scene Selection
- Capture underwater video even clearer than before with this new "water mode" enabling white balance adjustment for underwater shooting.
- Beep Off Setting
- For those of you who prefer to film and control your POV footage in a quiet zone, you're now able to adjust sound levels for the on/record trigger and settings button.
- Play Memories Mobile Seamless Mode Change
- Will let you upload your video content even quicker than before when using the Smart Remote function. Just connect your Action Cam and smartphone or tablet using the built-in Wi-Fi to utilize the Smart Remote and when you're done filming, upload the footage directly to your social channels via Play Memories without having to disconnect.
- Compact & Rugged WiFi-Enabled Full HD Video Action Camcorder
- The Sony HDR-AS15 is a rugged, wearable Full HD video camcorder with built-in WiFi. Weighing in at just 90 g (with battery) this compact, lightweight unit allows you to capture your adventures on the mountain, in the water and anywhere else life may take you as the action happens
- High-Quality Full HD 1080p Recording
- The HDR-AS15 offers 1920 x 1080p high-definition resolution letting you record your memories in exceptional Full HD quality. It supports playback via HDMI with a compatible HDTV for stunning clarity, incredibly detail and smoother playback of your video
- Includes Ruggedized Waterproof Housing with Universal Tripod Mount
- The HDR-AS15 ships with a ruggedized, waterproof housing with universal tripod mount that is built to handle extreme environments, allowing you to concentrate on safety and composition while capturing Full HD videos. Within the housing, the camera is waterproof down to 197' (60 m) and has dirt and dust resistant seals that help make it nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain and grime
- Share via Connected Phone/Tablet
- WiFi-enabled mobile phones and tablets running the free PlayMemories Mobile application can pull optimized movies and photos from the Sony HDR-AS15 camera without requiring a special cable. Once copied, you can use your available 3G and 4G cell networks to upload your memories and share them via email or social media networks
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization Reduces Blur
- SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture
- Ultra-Wide Angle Carl Zeiss Lens (170° FOV)
- With an ultra-wide angle Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens, you will increase your perspective (170° viewing angle) while you venture out on breathtaking views of dynamic terrain to include ski slopes and mountain trails
- 2x & 4x Slow Motion Video Modes in HD
- Extreme sports athletes and enthusiasts will enjoy HD Slow 2x (1280 x 720p at 60 fps) and HD Slow 4x (1280 x 720p at 120 fps) modes that shoot slow motion, which is ideal for studying and refining form and technique. For traditional shooting methods, the camcorder also offers several different resolutions to suit your needs including Full HD 1920 x 1080p at 30 fps, HD 1280 x 720p at 30 fps and SD VGA 640 x 480p at 30 fps
- Exmor R CMOS Sensor for Superb Low Light Performance
- Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain thanks to Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the Exmor R CMOS sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions
- Simply "Press-n-Go" with Large Start/Stop Button
- Operation of the Sony HDR-AS15 is as simple as pressing a large, easy-to-press start/stop button. Just press the button and you're shooting the adventure of a lifetime
- Memory Stick Micro & MicroSD/SDHC Compatible
- The HDR-AS15 features a memory card slot that accepts Memory Stick Micro (M2) and microSD/SDHC (class 4 or higher) type memory cards. Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of expandable memory via the memory card (sold separately) that is most convenient and offers maximum compatibility with most computers
- Built-In Stereo Microphone
- A built-in stereo microphone allows you to capture all the exciting sounds of your adventure
- HDMI Output
- Using the camera's HDMI output, you'll be able to share your video footage with friends and family on your HDTV (HDMI cable not included)
- Includes 2 Adhesive Mounts for Flat & Curved Surfaces
- Hands-free shooting is at your disposal. Mount your HDR-AS15 easily and securely to most flat and curved surfaces with the two included adhesive mounts
- WiFi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz band) wireless technology
- Exmor R CMOS image sensor
- Date/Time Stamp (records date and time)
- Media/Battery Indicator: yes (recordable time) / yes (remaining capacity)
- Fast Playback: about 5 times / 10 times
- Auto Image Management File Repair
- Recording mode and image stabilization on screen indicators
- 5, 10, 30 and 60 second interval recording (photo mode)
- Power Save Mode
- 170° angle of view without SteadyShot
- 120° angle of view with SteadyShot
- Date and Time, Area Setting: yes
- BIONZ image processor
- Multi-segment metering modes
- Auto Exposure Settings
- Noise Reduction
- Auto White Balance Mode
- Auto Backlight Compensation
- Auto Gain Control
- BRAVIA Sync