The 2TB Green 2.5" SATA 3Gbps Internal Hard Drive by WD features a 2TB capacity, 8MB cache and a 3Gbps maximum data transfer rate. It also features a 135 Mbps sustained data transfer rate, IntelliSeek variable rpm technology and ecologically sensitive production.
IntelliSeek variable rpm technology calculates optimum seek speeds while maintaining lower power consumption. This reduces the amount of energy the drive uses, and also cuts down on noise and vibration. It also employs NoTouch Ramp Technology which ensures the head never touches the disk media, for less wear on the disk and recording head. It also offers better drive protection while in transit.
The Green drive is made with conflict-free material (materials from countries that are not engaged in active conflict) and does not contain unsustainable rare-earth materials. As a further step towards environmental concerns, the drive is also lead- and halogen-free.
Although only 2.5" in height, this drive is not designed for laptops or notebooks. It is designed for small form-factor spaces in desktops and external enclosures.
- Green Hard Drive
- WD's new category of hard drives are green efficient - and they guarantee their hard drives are built with 100% conflict-free raw materials (minerals not mined in conditions of armed conflict or human rights abuses). WD Green hard drives are also built using less rare earth minerals.
- Halogen Free
- In addition to being RoHS compliant, all WD Green drives are lead and halogen free, resulting in less environmental pollutants.
- Cool and Quiet
- WD GreenPower Technology yields lower operating temperatures for increased reliability and low acoustics for ultra-quiet PCs and external drives.
- WD's IntelliSeek technology calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media. It also offers better drive protection while in transit.