The IEEE 1394b FireWire PCIe Card from HP enables fast data transfer from external peripherals such as external hard disks, digital cameras and camcorders. The PCIe card provides twice the data transfer rate of IEEE-1394a cards and is backwards compatible to allow your IEEE-1394a devices to operate under the IEEE-1394b bilingual port by using an adapter cable.High-speed peripherals can be connected externally, eliminating the need to install internal hardware. This makes installation as simple as connecting the device to your workstation. The card features two external IEEE-1394b bilingual ports located on the PCIe card bracket and one internal port header located on the PCIe card to connect to the front-panel 1394 port on select HP Workstations. A PCIe slot and the included CD driver allow this card to function at a rate of 800 Mbps.
- IEEE-1394b protocol reduces delays in arbitration and signal distortion as well as increases throughput
- This high-speed serial interface has the ability to extend the cabling distance between devices up to 328.08' (100m)
- Hot-swappable: Devices can be added and removed while the bus is active
- Backwards compatibility allows IEEE-1394a devices to operate under the IEEE-1394b bilingual port by using adapter cables
- Isochronous data delivery: no dropped frames - IEEE-1394b supports real-time data delivery