The black X Vario Digital Camera from Leica is a point-and-shoot camera featuring a 16.1MP APS-C CMOS image sensor for clear, detailed images, even in low-light due to its top sensitivity of ISO 12500. The built-in Leica Vario-Elmar 18-46mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-70mm, covering wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives and incorporates two aspherical elements within its design to reduce aberrations throughout the zoom range. Frame shots using the large 3.0" wide-angle LCD monitor, which has a resolution of 920k pixels. The camera also offers a Leica EVF socket for connecting an optional electronic viewfinder.
Record HD 1080 video at 30fps while capturing clear audio, thanks to the integrated wind-cut filter. Movie recording can be started and stopped easily at the touch of a button. Later, view your creations on a larger screen via the integrated HDMI-out port.
The camera provides fast, precise, and virtually silent AF and has a focusing ring that allows for quick switching between auto and manual focus. You also have access to manual exposure for a high level of control over your imagery.
The Leica X Vario is equipped with a built-in flash and configured with a hot shoe for attaching an optional external flash unit. The camera is made in Germany from aluminum and magnesium alloys and trimmed with soft leather. A free download of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is available after registration.
- APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Large APS-C-sized 16.1MP CMOS sensor contributes to producing high-resolution, well-detailed still images and full HD video with minimal noise and notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 12500
- Vario-Elmar 28-70mm f/3.5-6.4 ASPH Zoom Lens (35mm Equivalent)
The wide-angle to telephoto zoom range offers a variety of options for compositions, and the lens permits quick and easy focal length adjustments. Two aspherical elements are incorporated within the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations and produce sharp overall imagery throughout the zoom range.
Simply moving the focusing ring on the lens from MF to AF mode activates the fast, precise, and virtually silent auto focus. The ring also allows you to set required focusing distance and focal length with ease
- Fast, Versatile Autofocus
- Choose from 1-point, 11-point, spot, and face detection options. Since the autofocus zone can be selected manually to define the desired plane of sharpness, you can compose shots exactly as you envision them
- 3.0" Wide-Angle LCD
- The large 3.0" monitor features a resolution of 920k pixels, a wide viewing angle, and 100% coverage. Its user-friendly menu interface provides a clear overview of all settings at a glance
- Comfort and Control
- Functions and controls are clearly laid out, and settings can be changed in an instant to meet the requirements of any shooting situation
- Exposure Control
- Benefit from manual exposure for a greater level of control over your compositions, or take advantage of automatic program, program shift (P), aperture priority (A), and shutter speed priority (T) options. Automatic exposure bracketing is also available, letting you capture 3 pictures in graduations up to 3 EV, adjustable in 1/3 EV increments. The precise click-detent dials on the top plate allow manual pre-selection of the required shutter speed and aperture values.
- HD Movie Recording
- Capture HD 1920 x 1080 video at 30 fps at the touch of a button. The integrated wind-cut filter ensures outstanding audio clarity. Videos can be saved in the Internet-friendly MP4 format and uploaded directly to mobile devices or social media sites without conversion. Watch your creations on a larger screen via the built-in HDMI-out connection
- Built-in Flash and Hot Shoe
- Equipped with a built-in flash and configured with a hot shoe for attaching an optional external flash unit, such as the Leica SF 24D or SF 58. Built-in flash features ±3 EV of exposure compensation in 1/3-EV increments and a recycle time of approx. 5 sec with a fully-charged battery
- Continuous Shooting at 5 fps
- To help capture fast-moving action, the camera can perform continuous capture of up to 8 images at a rate of 3-5 fps in DNG + JPEG fine quality
- Picture Quality
- JPEG super fine, JPEG fine, DNG + JPEG super fine, and DNG + JPEG fine available
- Color Settings
- Choose from Standard, Vivid, Natural, B&W Natural, and B&W High Contrast
- Included Charger
- Supplied battery charger features automatic switching 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz input power for worldwide use
- Durable, Elegant Construction
- Designed and built in Germany. The top plate is machined from solid aluminum alloy, while the magnesium and aluminum alloy body is trimmed with soft leather
- Free Lightroom Download
- After registration, enjoy a free download of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom photo management and editing suite