Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio Pro
In addition to being a multi-purpose SDI/HDMI recorder, Blackmagic's Hyperdeck Studio Pro also enables playback of 4K (“quad full HD” or QFHD) content previously recorded in Apple ProRes. The HyperDeck Studio Pro's can be used as a standalone playback device when a sufficiently powerful computer is unavailable.
For its recording media, the HyperDeck Studio Pro holds two inexpensive 2.5” SSDs (see Support Notes for supported drives). This makes it useful in a variety of contexts: as a proxy recorder on 4K shoots, as an ISO recorder for live, multi-camera productions (up to four SDI sources at HD resolution) or as a television studio playout device.
The HyperDeck records in the popular, near-universally supported Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD formats, and it can also record uncompressed QuickTime files where maximum quality is needed and space not at a premium. A future firmware update will enable 4K ProRes422 recording capability, further expanding the Hyperdeck's potential applications.
- 4K (3840x 2160 UHD) playback of ProRes422 video. Available over single-link 6G, dual 3G and quad 1.5G SDI as well as HDMI.
- Future 4K ProRes422 recording capability via firmware update.
- Records to inexpensive 2.5” SSD media (see Blackmagic Support Notes for latest compatible drives).
- Up to 10-bit 4:4:4 HD recording in ProRes or DNxHD.
- Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2 in .mov QuickTime wrapper.
- Four 3G-SDI inputs and four 3G-SDI outputs available for simultaneous use depending on configuration.
- One HDMI in and one HDMI out for use with non-HDPC-encrypted AV-market and consumer devices.
- Additional analog video in/out for use with legacy hardware.