B&H Pulse News Roundup: June 14, 2013
After a considerable amount of anticipation, Leica revealed the new X Vario compact camera on Tuesday. It features a 16.1 MP APS-C CMOS sensor, a 28-70mm (35mm equivalent) lens, and solid aluminum and magnesium construction. You can read the full details on the new Leica X Vario in this B&H InDepth post.
New Apple Hardware and Software
Apple held their annual Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco this week, and debuted lots of new hardware and software. A new Macintosh operating system called OS X 10.9 Mavericks was shown, and a radically different new version of their mobile operating system, iOS 7, was demonstrated as well. New MacBook Air notebook computers with Haswell processors and "all-day" battery life were announced, new 802.11ac AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule routers were unveiled, and the long-awaited, redesigned Mac Pro desktop computer made its debut. Read all about the new stuff from Apple at this B&H InDepth post.
Adobe Announced Photoshop Lightroom 5
Early on Monday morning, Adobe announced the latest version of their popular post-production imaging software, Photoshop Lightroom 5. This update features new tools like the Advanced Healing Brush, the Radial Gradient tool, Smart Previews, and improved photo book and video slide show tools. You can get fully up to speed with the latest Lightroom by reading this B&H InDepth post.
Pentax Released New DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras
On Wednesday night, Pentax released three new cameras: the K-50 and K-500 DLSRs, and the Q7 Mirrorless Digital Camera, which is available in an astounding 120 color combinations, as you can see above. Get the full details on the new Pentax cameras over at B&H InDepth.
- Samsung announced a thin and slim 10mm f/3.5 fisheye lens for NX-mount cameras. More information is available at FStoppers.
- Rokinon released a 16mm f/2.0 wide-angle lens for APS-C and Micro Four Thirds cameras. You can read more about it on B&H InDepth.
- Kodak ended in-house production of the acetate base used in film. Read more over at PopPhoto.
- Lomography announced a new, build-it-yourself 35mm film camera kit called the Konstruktor. Read more about it at PopPhoto.
- JVC came out with a radical new 4K camcorder featuring a Nikon F-Mount. Read more at Engadget.
And that's your news for June 14, 2013. Be sure to follow all the consumer electronic news on B&H Pulse.