Modifying Light with Flags Brought to You by Kelby Training and B&H Photo


Have you ever heard of a Gobo? It's a term used by photographers to describe something that goes between the subject and your light to modify the light output. Today, they're more commonly known as light modifiers. We've previously talked about using one light (and modifier) at a time, on-camera flash accessories, and about using these at a wedding. Today, the experts at Kelby Training talk about using a flag to modify a light: specifically about controlling falloff. 

Take a look at the video after hitting the read and discuss button and for more in-depth training please visit They also have full one day seminars at

Do you have any other makeshift light modifiers? Let us know about your own hacks in the comments below.