Quick Start to Off-Camera Flash with Canon Speedlites
In this Canon-specific workshop, you can learn how to quickly create beautiful light with off-camera Speedlites. Explore the difference between on-camera flash and off-camera flash and how to select camera and Speedlite settings. We look at how to create soft light and when to use hard light. We survey the ways to trigger off-camera Speedlites and take a close look at Canon’s new radio Speedliting system. We also review creative lighting setups for one Speedlite and for multiple Speedlites.
- Why Off-Camera Flash Matters
- How to Control Your Speedlite On Your Camera’s LCD
- Flash Modes: When to Use ETTL, When to Use Manual
- Sync Speeds and Sync Modes: 1st-Curtain, 2nd-Curtain, and High-Speed
- Creating Soft Light, Creating Hard Light
- Where to Position Your Speedlite
- Off-Camera Triggers: Cord, Optical, and the New Radio System
- Set-ups for Creative Lighting with One Speedlite
- Set-ups for Creative Lighting with Multiple Speedlites
This is a fast-paced presentation that quickly introduces you to the essential skills you need to know for creating great light with your Canon gear. You are encouraged to have your DSLR and Canon Speedlite handy so you can follow along with the how-to demonstrations.