Features / Photography
This week in the news:
- Samsung announced the NX3000 Digital Camera, which features a retro look, an NX interchangeable lens mount, and special "selfie" capabilities.
- An affordable new product from Dropcam called the Tab will let you know, remotely, when doors and windows open at your house.
- Lenovo, the biggest PC manufacturer in the world, announced its entry into the...
We've been hosting free educational lectures at the B&H Event Space for several years, and this week, the fruits of our labor finally ripened. In October of 2013, we partnered with the SohoPhoto Gallery on a program called “The Portfolio Development Series,” which created the opportunity for attendees of the B&H Event Space to... READ MORE
Coming almost a year to the day from the release of its NX2000, Samsung has announced an upgrade, the NX3000 Mirrorless Digital Camera. So, in one year what has Samsung added to... READ MORE
When he isn’t out shooting the muscled men of 300: Rise of an Empire, or heroes like Superman and the Watchmen, photographer Clay Enos takes the studio feel to the streets. Luckily, I was able to sit down with him and discuss this particular style.
How did you get this shot?
This one is a fun one. It was made in Uruguay, where we set up a... READ MORE
Have you ever made a print from a Professional Inkjet Printer and didn’t get the results you were expecting? Were the colors not matching what you were seeing on the screen? Was the print darker than what was on the screen? Not sure where to start? Look no further, for this seminar is perfect for you!
In this intermediate to advanced seminar, you’ll learn exactly how to create the ideal digital... READ MORE
Join renowned wedding photographer Moshe Zusman as he tells the Event Space audience about his personal and professional evolution as a self-taught photographer whose background was originally in advertising and marketing. Listen as Zusman discusses how he launched his business by advancing his techniques of lighting and posing. To illustrate, Zusman kicks off his talk with a slide show of his... READ MORE
With the ever-increasing number of pixels manufacturers can cram onto a single digital image sensor, the optics themselves are beginning to become the limiting factor in image quality. This is making it all the more important to stop down our lenses in an effort to squeeze as much sharpness from them as possible. Unfortunately, while stopping down is a great way to sharpen pictures, if we go too... READ MORE
If you've ever experienced the dilemma of not having enough depth of field, you should consider... READ MORE
This week in the news:
The New Sony a77II DSLR
The new... READ MORE
- Sony debuted the new a77 II DSLR, which features an advanced AF system and built-in Wi-Fi.
- Apple updated its MacBook Air notebook computers, making them faster and $100 cheaper.
- Moog celebrated its 50th anniversary by recreating the massive Keith Emerson modular synth.
Are you ready for a wearable, hands-off photo device that automatically tracks your journey through time and space?
The Autographer, a creation of the Oxford Metrics Group (OMG) of the U.K., is essentially a wearable, 5-megapixel, ultra-... READ MORE
Sony has just announced the upgraded replacement for their Alpha SLT-A77 DSLR and is calling it the ... READ MORE
Let's start with some facts:
So, let's try to keep things... READ MORE
- Dirty optics can and will affect your image quality.
- There are correct methods and tools to clean lens and filter optics.
- There are incorrect methods and tools to clean lens and filter optics.
- There's a great deal of information available on the topic of lens cleaning—some of it conflicting.
In the following video, Larry Becker presents an overview of the Fujifilm FinePix S1 digital camera, encompassing its features, design, controls, and image quality. The video begins with an introduction to the imaging attributes of the S1, including its 16.4MP sensor, and segues into its... READ MORE
Lytro has made the next step in the evolution of light field photography, with the announcement of its new... READ MORE
Aside from the fully automatic modes, DSLR and many point-and-shoot cameras feature Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual shooting modes. I've met more than a few rookie DSLR users at photography workshops over the past several years who, while struggling with the complexities of their new cameras, claimed that "professional photographers" told them that they needed to start shooting... READ MORE