Features / Photography
In the following video, Larry Becker presents an overview of the Samsung WB2200F Smart Digital Camera and covers its imaging features, unique design, and handling capabilities. The video begins with an introduction to the distinct shape of the camera, reminiscent of a... READ MORE
Professional lighting results with minimal space and gear: let Gary Fong demonstrate how to transform any space into a professional studio easily and with minimal equipment. Explore the possibilities of using simple lighting setups to produce high-fashion, dramatic images that will set you apart as a photographer. Learn how to maneuver through many "looks" in a single space to provide the most... READ MORE
This week in the news:
- Apple officially acquired Beats Electronics, and the ubiquitous headphone manufacturer released a new version of its most popular product: the Solo2.
- Canon announced a Dual Pixel Autofocus upgrade for the C300 cinema camcorder.
- B&H hosted a live video presentation of the Panasonic GH4 mirrorless camera, which was packed with useful insights....
On Tuesday May 27th, B&H hosted a live video presentation that brought together filmmakers David Flores and Eduardo Angel, as well as Matt Frazer, the National Product Trainer for Panasonic's Lumix line, to discuss the virtues of shooting both video and still photos with the ... READ MORE
When New York City's planners were laying out a grid system for Manhattan’s streets in the 19th Century, they probably didn’t think much about all the streets lining up with the setting sun. But twice a year, New York City’s densest borough has its... READ MORE
Join B&H Photo’s Allen Weitz for a quick review of the Sony Cyber-shot DSC RX 100 III digital camera. Weitz points out many of the new camera’s technological and design improvements, including its amazing ability to capture in low-light scenarios with improved noise... READ MORE
Mirrorless cameras have been on the market for a decade, but they have really begun to make waves in the past few years. Most serious photographers would have certainly been shooting with a DSLR camera just a few years ago, but now many have traded in their DSLRs for the smaller and lighter form factors that mirrorless cameras provide. Not only are mirrorless cameras usually lighter and smaller... READ MORE
In the following video, Larry Becker, of Kelby Media, explores the Sony Alpha A5000 digital camera, and gives us an overview of how the camera handles, as well as its notable features, including the 20.1MP sensor, BIONZ X processor, and the 180° tilting LCD screen. Also discussed are additional specifications, such as the 1920... READ MORE
When I moved from Minnesota to Los Angeles in 2004, I brought along three Kodak disposable cameras. They were the first cameras that I had ever owned, and I didn’t end up using them on my trip. Not even when I drove through Utah, which might be one of the most photogenic landscapes on Earth. At that point in my life, making photographs wasn’t really a concern.
As I settled into life in LA, I ... READ MORE
This week in the news:
- Adobe gave the world a peek at a new, full-featured version of Photoshop CC that was designed for touch input with a tablet computer.
- The FAA hinted that it's considering a faster permit-approval process for filmmakers who shoot aerial video with drones.
- RØDE announced a newly redesigned version of its popular Blimp windshield, which features a...
In the following video, Larry Becker presents an overview of the Fujifilm X-Pro1 mirrorless digital camera and covers its breadth of features, functionality, and image quality. The video begins with an introduction to the firmware updates that have been made available since this camera's... READ MORE
This week in the news:
- Sony announced the new RX 100 III, a powerful point-and-shoot that features a wider, faster lens, an impressive, retractable high-res EVF, and a flip-around LCD.
- Parrot unleashed its new smartphone-controlled Bebop Drone, which is capable of shooting and sharing stabilized aerial video, and epic selfies from 650 feet.
- Nikon extended its lineup of...
Samyang is forever on the move, quickly responding to our unfulfilled focal-length and format needs by producing quality manual-focus lenses at affordable prices. They sometimes even fill needs we didn’t realize we had.
The company's most recent releases include an 8mm f/2.8 Fisheye for mirrorless APS-C cameras, a 10mm f/2.8 lens for DSLR and mirrorless APS-C cameras, a 35mm f/1.4 with an AE Chip... READ MORE
In spite of the decrease in the number of point-and-shoot cameras currently being released, Sony has carved out its own niche: the RX100-series, that pairs a well-liked compact form factor with advanced imaging capabilities and control akin to interchangeable-lens cameras. The newest member of this series is the... READ MORE