The American Dynamics AD2081 is compatible with American Dynamics Matrix Switcher/Controller Systems as well as keyboards and accessory products such as the Alarm Interface Unit. The Expander has 4 RS-232 device ports and 1 CPU port. It expands one RS-232 port to four ports in a matrix switching system. The four ports are designated in an alphanumeric manner i.e. 1a, 1b, 1c, and 1d.
The Expander enables you to select the baud rate through dip switches. The easy-to-see LEDs indicate Power-on status and RS-232 activity. The unit utilizes RJ-45 connectors for all device connections and is quite installation-friendly. With the high-strength touch-fastener pads, it is possible to mount the Port Expander virtually anywhere.
• MegaPower 1024 (AD1024) Matrix Switcher (all versions)
• MegaPower 48 Matrix Switcher (all versions)
• MegaPower 168 (AD168) Matrix Switcher (all versions)
• AD2150 Matrix Switcher (all versions)
• MP1000cc, AD2088, and ADTTE series keyboards
• AD1024DBVL Data Buffer with Video Loss detection
• AD2096 Series Alarm Interface Units
• Power: 2-pin removable plug connector
• RS-232 - System: 1 RJ-45
• RS-232 - Device: 4 RJ-45
|Operating Temperature||32 - 122°F (0 - 50°C)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.2 x 8.1 x 1.2" (133 x 206 x 29mm)|
|Weight||1.3 lbs (0.6kg)|