Look to the OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual Bay RAID Quad Interface Enclosure when you need a large AV, Digital Photography, Music, or Data storage solution. This enclosure holds two 3.5" SATA hard disk drives of up to 3TB each, and offers RAID support thanks to its Oxford 946 chipset.
The RAID configurations include 0 and 1 for striping and mirroring, non-RAID span mode, and Independent Mode to access each drive separately. It can hold drives with up to a 64MB buffer and 10,000 rpm speed, and supports SATA drives running at 1.5 Gbps, 3.0 Gbps, and 6.0 Gbps.
The quad interface allows four choices for connection - eSATA, FireWire 800, FireWire 400, and USB 2.0. You'll get varying data transfer rates with each connection; eSATA at 3.0 Gbps, FireWire 800 at 800Mbps, FireWire 400 at 400 Mbps, and USB at 480 Mbps. This also means that any PC, Mac or Linux based computer that has those connectors can use this unit, and it also comes with all necessary cables.
When you need a large storage solution and flexible connection options, you should consider the OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual Bay RAID Quad Interface Enclosure.
FireWire 800 (1394B)
FireWire 400 (1394A)
USB 2.0 (1.1 Backwards compatible)
|Data Transfer Rate||
eSATA - 3.0 Gbit/s
FireWire 800 - 800 Mbps
FireWire 400 - 400 Mbps
USB 2.0 - 480 Mbps
USB 1.1 - 12 Mbps
|Drive Types Supported||3.5" SATA 1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps Drives|
Macintosh System Requirements
• Mac OS 8.6 to 9.2.2 and an available USB 1.1 or FireWire 400 port
• Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later. Including Lion 10.7.x and an available USB 2.0/1.1 port, FireWire 800/400 port, or eSATA port
• Time Machine Compatible: Mac OS X 10.5 (version introduced) and later
Windows System Requirements
• Windows 98SE or later and an available FireWire 400 or USB 2.0/1.1 port
• Windows 2000 or later and an available USB 2.0/1.1 port, FireWire 800/400 port, or eSATA port
• Linux compatible via supported USB and FireWire interfaces
|Power Requirements||5A 100-240v 50/60hz US/International Auto Switching|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||2.9 x 9 x 5.3" / 73 x 229 x 134mm|
|Weight||2.3 pounds / 1.03kg|