HQ Microphone Cable (Mono, 5 m) offers particularly good immunity to electromagnetic interference.
What distinguishes the K EMC?
• There are several essential requirements for good cables in professional applications. The SCHOEPS K EMC meets these requirements in an ideal manner:
• It uses high-quality Neutrik XLR-3 "EMC"-type connectors. These have been specially developed to help prevent ground loops and combat "Pin 1" problems.
• Its star-quad construction is especially effective in resisting magnetic interference.
• The low capacitance and series resistance permit the use of very great lengths when needed.
• Its robust electrical screen is cross-braided for improved coverage, with a graphite-coated inner mantle; both features shield the inner conductors optimally from radio-frequency interference.
• It is only 4 mm in diameter, yet is very robust due to the multiple bundles of Kevlar fiber in its jacket.
• It has no tendency to twist or untwist once installed; if you suspend a microphone from this type of cable, the microphone's orientation will be preserved.
• It can be bent many thousands of times within a narrow radius if necessary, without breaking.
• It remains particularly flexible in the cold, due to its polyurethane outer jacket.
This single-channel microphone cable features a special RF-resistant Neutrik connectors at both ends. This connector uses a circular array of miniature capacitors to connect pin 1 to the connector housings, thus offering substantial protection from radio-frequency interference while also preventing ground loops. This approach completely settles the old question of whether to connect the cable shield to pin 1 at one or both ends of the cable.
For easy identification, the plug connector has a nickel finish while the socket connector is black.
|Insulation Material||Hytrel, 4 braided conductors|
|Shielding||Crossbraided with conductive inner covering, 100% coverage|
|Outer Diameter||4.4 mm|
|Weight||Per Meter: 25 g (0.27 oz/ft)|
|Minimum Bending Radius||15 mm|
|Insulation Resistance||50 MOhm × km|
|Connector 1||3-Pin XLR Male|
|Connector 2||3-Pin XLR Female|