Reply to comment
It seems that everyone is asking, "Do you tweet?" If the answer is no, then the logical next question is: "Why not?"
Here are some tips that you might find helpful while setting up your Twitter account:
* Follow photographers with relevant, interesting tweets and a growing following. You can find them by searching either by name or by keyword.
* Skip the step where Twitter asks you if you want to auto-invite all your Gmail or Yahoo friends who are not yet on Twitter. Of course, Twitter would love if you did this, but your friends may not.
* Add your website and location where prompted.
* Don’t opt-in to “Protect My Tweets” unless you want to keep your account private.
* When you upload your portrait, make sure it's a close-up picture of you. People are more likely to trust a friendly, familiar face.
* Customize your background. Personalization goes a long way.
Don't let resistance or fear hold you back. There really isn't much to it. Simply set up your account at Twitter.com and go for it!
Lastly, start conversations, follow conversations, and have fun along the way!
Be sure to check out my short video where I explain why people tweet and what you should be tweeting about.
Follow me @BetterPhotoJim ... I promise to follow you back!
Editor's note: Readers are invited to follow the official B&H Photo Twitter account @BHphotovideo for all the latest announcements, deals and photography news.