Adobe Student Edition Eligibility Condition
Before purchasing this product, please be sure that you (or the person you are buying the product for) are eligible to use the Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software.
Eligible Persons Include:
- University and college students - students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study¹
- Primary and secondary school students - students enrolled at an accredited public private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction¹
- Faculty and staff - teachers and staff employed by an accredited primary or secondary school, public or private university or college, school district, or board of education (including emeritus status professors)¹
- Homeschooled students and their teachers — students and teachers as defined by state homeschooling regulations
Required Proof of Eligibility:
Students: Proof of current enrollment, stating your name, the institution name, and the current date or term.
Types of proof of enrollment include:
- School ID card
- Report card
- Tuition bill or statement
- Any other document issued by the educational institution that includes your name, the institution name, and the current date or term
To be eligible, you (or the person you are buying the product for) must be a full or part time student enrolled at higher education institution. A "higher education institution" is an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring no less than the equivalent of 2 years of full-time study.
Teachers, Faculty and Staff: Current ID that includes your name, the date, and the name of the educational entity or an official document such as the following:
- Institutional paycheck stub
- Letter on official letterhead from the registrar of the educational entity indicating current employment
Note: Any sensitive information such as pay amounts, grades, or social security numbers can be covered or crossed out.
Homeschooled students and their teachers:
- Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool²
- Current membership ID to a home school association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)²
- Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year²
Unqualified institutions include:
- Non accredited schools and religious organizations
- Prekindergarten or child care facilities
- Hospitals in Canada
- Training centers or schools granting certificates for courses such as computer software training, including, without limitation: Ziff Davis University, Learning Tree University, New Horizon Computer Learning Center, Teacher Training Centers
- Military schools that do not grant academic degrees
- Research laboratories not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Canadian/Provincial Ministries of Education, (for example, institutions recognized by the Department of Defense or Energy or the National Research Council Canada). In addition, laboratories in the U.S. defined as Federally Funded Research and Development Centers
(FFRDCs) and University Affiliated Research Centers (UARCs) are not eligible. Examples include: Los Alamos National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratory, and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- Other unqualified examples as listed by Adobe from time to time on its website
Formats for Digital Proof of Eligibility
The end user must use a digital camera or scanner to create a copy of his/her proof of eligibility. All documents must be clear, legible, and true to size. Acceptable formats include JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, and PDF. The file must be no larger than 3MB. Proof of eligibility shall be submitted in accordance with the instructions accompanying the Adobe Student and Teacher Edition Software Product.
Program Purchasing Restrictions
You may purchase only one license per platform of any Adobe Student and Teacher Edition product per year. Purchases of suite editions (such as Design Premium or Master Collection) are limited one title per platform per year. Adobe Student and Teacher Edition products may be used only on your privately owned computer and may not be resold.
Products delivered in a physical box include registration instructions along
with information about the documents required to prove academic status and how
to submit the information. If the software was purchased via an electronic
download, follow the provided instructions on how to obtain your unique product
code. You can register your product code at https://www.identit-e.com/adobe.
You may provide proof of your academic status via an upload, email or fax. Once
your information is received and your eligibility for the academic discount is
verified, you will receive your serial number. You will be required to enter
the serial number during the software installation process.
¹ Accredited schools are those that are approved by an association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education/State Board of Education or the Canadian/Provincial Ministries of Education and that teach students as their primary focus. In the U.S., such associations include: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.
² Documents dated within the last six months are considered current.