As the USA's leading photography store, B&H Photo is committed to providing superior knowledge and exceptional equipment for beginners and professionals alike. It makes no difference whether you're a shutterbug who's just starting out or a seasoned shooter with your own studio—our aim is to supply today's photography enthusiast with everything needed to take gorgeous, breathtaking photographs. On film or digitally. In full color or black and white. Any format, every day. From wedding photography to nature photography, baby portraiture to product stills, B&H has you covered.
Regardless of your photographic proficiency, only B&H delivers the best price... and the best advice. Plus, we'll never pressure you to buy gear you don't need; our expert sales staff has never worked on commission, and their #1 goal is to provide you with an outstanding shopping experience.
In fact, we're so committed to education that we built an archive of helpful photography news, tips and product reviews to help you choose the best photography tools for your particular needs and creative goals.
But if you're shopping for a drone to take your creative aims higher, our in-house specialists can guide you to the best aerial imaging solutions, hands down. Unsure which digital camera will make your street style photographs the most amazing? We have an answer that's perfect for you.
And although we're known as "The Professional's Source," B&H caters to amateur photography buffs as well. So if you're planning some underwater photography on your next vacation, our trained associates can help you find exactly the right DSLR or submergible kit. Likewise, if you just need more memory for all those baby pictures or pet portraits you've accumulated, we stock an incredible variety of photography accessories and storage solutions to suit every style and any budget.
Looking to save even more? You may want to check out our Used Department, where you can often find cameras and photography equipment in pristine condition for a fraction of the list price.
Come back often for the latest deals on the world's best cameras, lenses and accessories, plus expert photography tips, techniques and tutorials. Or just browse to your heart's content—like we said, no pressure!
1) What are some common photography types?
Popular photography genres include landscape, portraits and people, street, travel, aerial, weddings and events, sports, wildlife, macro, and more.
• Landscape photographs show the outdoors. Generally, they capture nature, but often include man-made features – even entire cityscapes. The most common lens for landscape photography is a wide angle, but telephoto lenses are a wonderful way to isolate and highlight specific features of the scene. For more, check out our Landscape Photography page.
• Portraits and people photography ranges from capturing family outing all the way to full-time professionals working with in-studio models. For portraits, a short-to-moderate telephoto lens (such as a 105mm) is preferred by many due to pleasing compression and rendering of facial features. For more, check out 8 Tips Every Beginning Portrait Photographer Should Know.
• Street photography is candid photography made in public situations. It generally intends to capture life, culture, and humanity, and does not necessarily require the presence of a street or an urban environment. Small and unobtrusive is the way to go here, camera-wise. For more, check out Eight Recommended Digital Cameras for Street Photography.
• Travel photography involves capturing the essence of far-off places. A small and light kit that can handle anything from landscapes, food, people, and street is ideal.