The XB-14² by Allen & Heath is a broadcast mixer designed for self-operated broadcast applications in small radio and internet studios, as well as larger facilities with multiple rooms. It comes in a compact package and is packed with radio-friendly options usually found on large-format broadcast consoles.
This Mixer allows for an efficient and flexible workflow with features such as telephone-communication (Telco) channels, fader-start sensing, automatic muting of speaker outputs, stereo channel-start/cue outputs for CD deck-transport control, separate headphone mixes for guests, an audition bus, and more.
Separate monitor mixes can be created enabling the operator to check levels and cues without interfering with the listening sources of the presenter or guests. Using remote-interface connectors, mono channels can be remotely muted from studio-located mute or cough switches (available separately). In addition, the Talk to Guest switch allows for the operator to communicate off-air with guests, presenters, and telephone callers.
The audio circuitry of the XB-14² features four mic/line channels equipped with high-gain DuoPre preamps and 3-band EQs to help cut sibilance & mic popping, and 2-band EQs on stereo channels for use with music. The full-duplex USB sound card offers playback and record to & from a computer as well as voice over IP (VoIP), and is compliant with Mac & Windows core audio drivers.
Flexible Routing Options
- Four mic/line mono channels
- Four dual-source stereo channels and a total of up to seven stereo sources
- Aux bus for external processing, effects, recording or auditioning
- Mix B for recording an independent mix to the main program mix, or creating a clean feed source from selected channels
- Audition bus for auditioning or recording telephone conversations
- 27 logic I/O for remote control
- 15 configuration switches
- Output matrix with three headphone outs allows separate mixes for engineer/producer and two guests
- Talk button for off-air conversation with guests
- HPF and 3-band, swept-mid EQ on mono channels
- 2-band EQ on stereo channels
- Smooth-ride 100mm faders
- Auto-mute on control-room outputs
- XLR main outputs with inserts
- External-meter socket
- Input-signal and peak metering