Bundled with a vibration-reducing shockmount and a compact stand mount, the nickel Neumann TLM 102 Studio Set large-diaphragm condenser microphone brings renowned Neumann sound quality to a price point that's inclusive to home producers, working musicians, and independent singer-songwriters. The capsule's high SPL rating of 144 dB permits the recording of percussion, drums, amplifiers, and other loud sound sources clearly and without distortion. With its 8 to 12 kHz treble boost, the TLM 102 imparts a silky vocal presence while avoiding pronounced sibilance.
The mic utilizes a cardioid polar pattern to provide directional sound pickup in front of the capsule and strong rejection behavior behind it, yielding less background noise than most other polar responses. The integrated pop shield reduces breath noise and vocal plosives, though external pop filters are available for even more control. The TLM 102's transformerless output stage aids the mic in achieving a clean character with plenty of reach in the bass range, and it delivers resistance to electromagnetic interference.
- Easy handling for vocal and instrumental recordings
- Distortion-free sound even at extreme sound pressure levels up to 144 dB
- Slight treble boost for silky vocals (independent of music genre)
- Built-in pop shield reduces vocal plosives
- Cardioid polar pattern lessens background noise
- XLR 3-pin output
- Requires 48V phantom power
- Includes stand mount and vibration-reducing shockmount