By B&H Photo's
The Compact Wide-Angle Prime
Sony has managed to squeeze exceptional quality into the extraordinarily compact Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens, making it an ideal partner for travel, street, and landscape applications, which prioritize both image quality and portability.
- Based on the ZEISS Sonnar optical concept, this lens uses a design with seven elements in five groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/2.8 while simultaneously reducing flare and improving contrast.
- Three double-sided aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus and Handling
- Linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Modest f/2.8 maximum aperture helps achieve the sleek and lightweight design that is ideal for travel, measuring about 1.5" long and weighing just 4.2 oz.
- Included with the lens is a dedicated cap-style lens hood that is extremely compact and prevents flare. It also features its own 40.5mm filter thread in addition to the 49mm thread located on the lens.