By B&H Photo's
The Portable Standard Zoom
Walk around all day with the Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens from Sony, a compact full-frame option that covers wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives for working with a variety of different shooting styles and subjects.
ZEISS Optical Design
- Based on the ZEISS Tessar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 12 elements in ten groups that helps ensure a smaller overall lens size along with reduced flaring, distortion, and chromatic aberrations.
- A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Five aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus, OSS, and Design
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.