The 100 x 150mm Combination 81EF and 0.3 Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density Filter from LEE Filters is compatible with a LEE Filters 100mm System filter holder. This filter can be applied to create a warm cast over an entire image while darkening specific areas of that image, such as bright skies. This combination effect can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. This filter's overall coloration corresponds to an ability to reduce 3850K color temperatures to 3200K, which reflects a mired shift value of +53 that can be applied to other starting color temperatures as well. While the ability to generate a warm cast extends throughout the entire filter, its neutral density feature is most pronounced at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the areas with and without its neutral density coloration.
This filter is non-coated and is constructed from optical-quality resin for clarity as well as color fidelity. Where its neutral density coloration is most pronounced, the LEE Filters 100 x 150mm Combination 81EF and 0.3 Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density Filter has a 0.5 density with a 3x filter factor that darkens the corresponding area of an image by 1.6 stops. This is due in part to the 0.2 density of the filter's overall warm cast.
The greater the color temperatures they can potentially reduce to 3200K, light balancing filters are considered to be progressively stronger in their effect when used to add warmth to a daylight image.
- Can add a warming cast to an entire image under daylight when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Provides a mired shift value of +53
- Reduces 3850K color temperature to 3200K
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies
- Provides up to a 1.6-stop reduction of light in selective areas
- Provides at least a 0.6-stop reduction of light
- Constructed from optical-quality resin for clarity
- Padded filter pouch included for storage and transport