By B&H Photo's
Telephoto Versatility for APS-C
An ideal complement to many kit zooms, the black E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS Lens from Sony opens the door to many telephoto perspectives with its 82.5-315mm equivalent focal length range on APS-C-format E-mount cameras. This portrait-length to mid-tele reach is ideal for a range of subjects, from portraits to distant sports and landscapes, and its sleek size also makes it a great travel companion.
Optics and Design
- Designed for APS-C-format cameras, this 55-210mm lens perfectly complements many kit zooms by providing an 82.5-315mm equivalent focal length range for telephoto applications.
- A variable f/4.5-6.3 maximum aperture helps keep overall lens size and weight to a minimum.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Two aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- An internal focus mechanism contributes to faster, more responsive autofocus, the minimum focus distance of 3.3', and easier handling as the lens does not change in length during use.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.