Dive down to 300' and illuminate the majestic underwater world in all its rich natural colors with Ikelite's DS160 Underwater Substrobe Head. This flash has a 160 watt-sec power rating, an underwater guide number of 38' at ISO 100, and a 90° coverage angle--which is increased to 100° when using the supplied diffuser. The DS160's 4800K color temperature is even warmer than daylight and restores hues that get absorbed underwater, bringing vibrancy and color accuracy back to your images.
When combined with a compatible TTL system, the strobe automatically adjusts brightness to provide ideal TTL flash exposure--whether you're shooting at macro, portrait, or wide-angle focal lengths. Manual exposure mode is also available to give you greater control.
A bright, concentrated, 5W LED aiming light provides ample illumination for use as a focusing aid or a nighttime dive light. The LED turns off and on when the strobe is fired, keeping your photos free of bright spots. The DS160 strobe head is offered here without the required Battery Pack (#4067, 4067.2, 4066.5, or 4066) and Smart Charger (#4067.1, 4067.3, or 0083.92/93/94/95,), and sync cord for connection to the ICS-5 bulkheads on the strobe and housing.
- Power rating of 160 watt-sec
- Guide number of 76' / 23.2 m at ISO 100 above water, and 38' / 11.6 m at ISO 100 underwater
- Offers 90° angle of coverage, which is increased to 100° with use of included diffuser
- Round flashtube and reflector are designed specifically to deliver softest, most even coverage possible
- Diffuser softens light of flash to reduce backscatter, glare, and hard shadows for better overall image quality
- Color temperature of 4800K is even warmer than daylight and restores hues that get absorbed underwater, bringing vibrancy and color accuracy back to images
- Benefit from TTL flash exposure when you combine strobe with a compatible TTL system
- Automatically adjusts brightness for ideal exposure, whether you are capturing macro, portrait, or wide-angle shots
- Manual exposure mode is also available to give you greater control
- Bright, concentrated, 5W LED aiming light provides ample illumination for use as a focusing aid or a nighttime dive light
- LED turns off and on when strobe is fired, keeping photos free of bright spots
- Depth rating of 300'
- Approximately neutral buoyancy in saltwater with li-ion battery pack
- ICS-5 bulkhead for connection to underwater camera housing
- Flash ships without required battery
- #4067 Li-Ion Battery Pack can produce approximately 450 full-power flashes at a recycle time of about 1.4 sec, thanks to low internal resistance
- Quick-release toggle system makes for easy battery attachment
- Battery is 18% lighter than #4066.5 NiMH battery pack, which makes strobe neutrally buoyant in saltwater
- Several redundant safety features prevent battery from overheating or exploding, which is especially helpful when traveling
- Ships without required Smart Charger
- #4067.1 model utilizes pulse charge technology, allowing for near-complete charging while also conditioning cells over time - for longer battery life and more flashes per charge
- Trickle charge mode helps maintain battery's charge without danger of overcharging or overheating
- Charger is rated for switching 100-240VAC power, enabling worldwide use, and includes AC adapters for US, Europe, UK, and Australia
- SA-100 Single Strobe Kit and SA-100 Dual Strobe Kit are arm and sync cord combination packages enabling you to attach strobe to Ikelite TTL systems
- Sync cords such as #4103.50 Single Strobe Straight 24" TTL, #4103.51 Single Strobe Coiled TTL, or #4103.52 Two Strobes Coiled "Y" TTL permit attachment to Ikelite housings
- There's also #4086.61 SA-100 arm with 1.0" ball joints, and #9571.3 extended stem release handle mount for attaching EV Controller or flashlight mount
- #4401 Fiber Optic Adapter lets you convert strobe's electrical bulkhead into a fiber-optic port, offering manual exposure (non-TTL) only