The 4-16x44 Viper HS-T Riflescope from Vortex Optics combines a high-transmission lens system and weather-sealed 30mm scope tube to create a versatile optic for close to mid-range targeting. Vortex uses optically indexed Extra-low Dispersion (HD) glass elements and fully multicoated optics, with their proprietary XR anti-reflective lens coatings, to maximize the scope's light gathering and transmission ability. This combination of optics and coatings minimizes chromatic aberration and preserves overall clarity with the resulting images being bright and sharp throughout the zoom range.
This Viper HS-T scope is configured with a VMR-1 MRAD duplex reticle in the second focal plane (SFP). Putting the reticle on the SFP keeps it in focus as the zoom is pulled in or pushed out, eliminating the need to re-focus it after every zoom adjustment. The VMR-1 MRAD pattern is a duplex-style variant with medium-weight posts at three, six, nine, and twelve o'clock that taper to a fine crosshair. Stadia lines on the central crosshairs aid in long-distance ranging, calculating hold-over, and ballistic-drop compensation.
Complementing the Viper HS-T's shooter-friendly design and image quality is the build quality to match. The scope housing is machined from a solid piece of aluminum, anodized with a corrosion-resistant hard coat, and filled with argon gas to ensure water and fogproof performance. All exposed lens surfaces are finished with Vortex's proprietary ArmorTek scratch-resistant coating that also repels moisture and dirt.
- Magnification: 4-16x
- Objective lens: 44mm
- Main tube diameter: 30mm
- Index-matched optical system
- HD extra-low dispersion elements
- XR anti-reflective lens coating
- Reticle placed on Second Focal Plain (SFP) maintains size and focus when zoom is pulled out or pushed in
- MRAD duplex reticle
Use and Handling
- Exposed windage and elevation turrets for fast access and adjustments
- .1 MRAD impact point adjustment clicks, 5 MRAD travel per rotation
- Fast focus eyepiece with 4" eye relief
- Side focus dial for easy focus and parallax removal
- Vortex's proprietary Radius Bar for referencing turret adjustment position
- Customizable Rotational Stop: Enables re-zeroing of turrets after initial sighting
- Argon-filled and o-ring sealed for fogproof and waterproof performance
- One-piece aluminum maintube and housing with anodized matte-black finish
- Single spring elevation adjustment turret
- Friction Reduction System: protects turret erector from wear and deformation
- ArmorTek: scratch-resistant lens coating