The Quattro SE, VRI Box & Vector 750i Pan and Tilt Head System from Vinten is a pedestal system which includes a Quattro SE Encoded Manual Pedestal, a Virtual Reality Interface (VRI) Box, and a Vector 750i Pan and Tilt Head, as well as a Telescopic Pan Bar and Clamp, a VRI Mounting Kit, a Standard Wedge, and a Pan Bar Mounted PDA user interface.
The Quattro SE pedestal is a compact, manually operated pedestal with built-in encoders. It offers a combination of simplified homing and setup procedures, precise digital electronic positioning, and on-shot performance for use in virtual studios. The pedestal features an ergonomically assisted lifting column and a small doorway width.
To enable tracking, high-quality precision encoders have been integrated into the wheels and column of the Quattro SS. The pedestal also incorporates an electronic module and base processor which deliver accurate position data for all axes. This combination with the head information provides precise real-time digital electronic positioning over the floor and in elevation. A PDA is included to simplify the setup procedure and provide the configuration and the operator's user interface. This is delivered through various calibration routines, head setup, and optical axis offset input, whilst also providing the operator with enhanced functionality such as quick homing and virtual set trimming. The homing procedure has been further simplified to provide ease of operation, flexibility of direction & angle of approach, and a fast targeting option.
A cable management system is incorporated into the pedestal to prevent the cable being caught or tangled during repositioning. To simplify virtual tracking, the output from the pedestal is integrated with the Vector 750i head, and lens position is fed back into a single data channel to the rendering system of a virtual software image generator.
The Vector 750i Pan and Tilt Head is a pantographic head that supports a load capacity of up to 165.3 lb and allows semi-automatic setup, slide plate tracking, and kinematic compensation. The head ensures stable and accurate placement of virtual graphics into the live environment. The Vector 750i Pan and Tilt Head can be used with large camera combinations involving virtual reality, both in outside broadcast and in the studio.
The VRI Box processes the positional data from the head encoders. It offers direct interfacing to lenses with encoder outputs (or bolt on lens encoders), to enable single data streaming to a graphics rendering system. The VRI box comes with a head interface cable, GUI, and mounting brackets. Mounted on the Quattro SE it provides full six-axis tracking. The Quattro software enables re-configuring to give X, Y, and Z axis VR movement.
Quattro SE Pedestal
- Optimum and simplified manual adjustment capability
- Precise, real-time digital electronic positioning of floor and height movement
- PDA user interface simplifies set-up in the virtual studio and provides positional feedback and calibration data
Virtual Reality Interface Box
- Used in virtual reality applications
- Processes the positional data from the head encoders
- Directly interfaces with lenses with encoder outputs (or bolt on lens encoders) to enable single data streaming to graphics rendering system
- Comes with head interface cable, GUI, and mounting brackets
- Can be re-configured from head-mounted to fixed-mounted
- Quattro SE software enables reconfiguring to give X, Y, Z, axis VR movement
Vector 750i Pan and Tilt Head
- Allows semi automatic setup, slide plate tracking, and kinematic compensation
- Used with the VRI box, offers positioning of data from a pantographic head to allow placing the graphics into live environment
- Can be used with large camera combinations involving virtual reality
- For use in the studio and in outside broadcast