With 1080p30 video and 5-megapixel still recording, the GoPro HERO3 White Edition Action Camera features a versatile design that includes compatibility with a wide range of mounts for use in all sorts of contexts. The Standard Housing is included, featuring a depth rating of 131', plus it helps protect the camera from sand, dust, mud, dirt, and more. For mounting the camera two adhesive mounts are included - a flat version ideal for surf boards and vehicle mounting, and a curved version ideal for non-vented helmets. In addition, the camera can be adapted to a plethora of GoPro and third-party mounts that feature the standard three-pong, thumbscrew-tightened interface which is virtually ubiquitous in the GoPro line.
The HERO3 White Edition records internally on microSDHC/SDXC memory cards, with support for capacities up to 64GB. At least Class 4 cards are required for all but one setting, while for the 0.5 second time-lapse mode a Class 10 or faster card is required. There is a mini-USB port to transfer data off the card and charge the battery. The USB port also provides connection for the separately available AV adapter and 3.5mm mic adapter.
Multiple HD Recording Modes
- 1920 x 1080 (1080p): At 30 or 25 fps
- 1280 x 960 (960p): A 4:3 setting recording at 30 or 25 fps
- 1280 x 720 (720p): At 60, 50, 30, or 25 fps
- WVGA (848 x 480): At 60, or 50 fps
Shoots 5-Megapixel Still Photos with Burst and Time-Lapse
Ultra Wide and Medium FOV Settings
- LCD Touch BacPac: A touchscreen LCD that mounts on the back of the camera
- Battery BacPac: An external battery that attached to the back of the camera for extended battery life
- Mounts: In addition to the included curved and flat adhesive mounts, there are a range of separately available mounting solutions that can adapt the camera for use in nearly any scenario
- 3.5mm Microphone Adapter: Allows a standard 3.5mm mini jack microphone to be connected via the mini-USB port