Remotely control your lens' focus and iris with Chrosziel's MN-200 MagNum Wireless Lens Control System. This system includes Chrosziel's 2-channel MagNum transmitter and receiver, as well as the necessary power and cabling accessories to use the unit right out of the box with the included Heden M26VE digital motors. The MagNum unit is compatible with motors that use a 7-pin LEMO interface.
For easy operation, calibration is automatic with lenses that have hard stops. If you use stills lenses that don't have stops at close focus and infinity, a special calibration mode allows you to manually calibrate the focusing distance. To adjust the settings on the MagNum, an OLED screen and directional buttons provide an intuitive interface. Record start/stop can be controlled from the hand unit if the camera is connected to the receiver.
The hand unit is upgradeable for a third degree of lens control. The zoom rocker upgrade kit is separately available and adds an ergonomic zoom rocker to the rear of the transmitter.
Chrosziel MN-200 MagNum Dual Channel Wireless Lens Control System
The MN-200 MagNum Dual Channel Wireless Lens Control System from Chrosziel combines a receiver and a handheld transmitter unit for remote control of focus, iris, and camera record start/stop. The dual channel system operates at either the 2.4GHz or 430MHz frequency bands, offering five selectable channels in the 430 MHz band, and eleven channels in the 2.4GHz frequency band for interference-free operation. The receiver has ports that accept optional lens control cables, camera start/stop cables, and power cables. The system is compatible with optional lens motors, as well as wired analog zoom controls.
The hand unit features an ergonomically shaped handgrip and finger rest for comfortable operation, menu-guided intuitive handling through membrane keys, and a color OLED display. For focus control, a fluid-dampened hand wheel is provided, which spreads the focus range of any lens to one full turn of the wheel. Focus marks can be made on the marking disc, with two freely adjustable end stops also available. In addition to the focus wheel, the hand unit has a slide control for adjusting camera iris with extendable aluminum iris scales and adjustable end stops. Five 1/4"-20 mounting holes on the hand unit let you mount it to tripods stands, or even attach monitors. It is powered using Sony NP-FM50 type batteries.
Included with the MN-200 system is a Sony NP-FM50 type battery, battery charger, padded hand strap, padded neck strap, and two antennas for 430 MHz-band use.
- Compact-sized transmitter and receiver
- Dual-band system offering five channels in the 430 MHz frequency band, and eleven channels in the 2.4GHz frequency band
- Spectrum analyzer for identifying the best transmission channel
- Ergonomically designed handgrip and finger rest
- Symmetrical design for left- or right-handed users
- Menu-guided intuitive handling through membrane keys and color OLED display
- Four freely assignable hotkeys
- Optional lens calibration through receiver
- Hand wheel with adjustable fluid dampening
- Two freely adjustable end stops on the hand wheel
- Mechanical lock in the hand wheel
- Magnifier function for "near" and "remote", allowing to spread the range around the nearest or the indefinite lens setting without losing the option to move to the other end stop
- Spreading of any lens range at one turn of the hand wheel
- Hermetically sealed non-contact slide control for setting iris
- Exchangeable iris scales made of aluminum
- Two adjustable end stops for the slider of the iris control
- Electronic "Hold" to capture settings and keep them
- Indicator LED for all functions on the receiver
- Record/Start/Stop signal for the camera
- The same combi-socket can be used for connecting the cable of an analog zoom control
- Internal booster to amplify motor power up to 30 volts
- Socket for gooseneck lamp
- Serial interface
- Adjustable motor power
- USB port
- Battery level indicator for camera and hand unit (transmitter)
- Five 1/4"-20 threads on the hand unit (transmitter)
- Rechargeable Sony NP-FM50 lithium-ion battery and charger included
- Padded hand- and neck-strap
- Two MHz band antennas
Chrosziel Hedén M26VE Lens Control Motor
The Chrosziel Hedén M26VE Motor is a quiet, yet high-torque lens motor for driving focus, zoom, or iris rings on cinema or ENG lenses. The included 0.8 MOD gear interfaces with standard cine lenses or photo lenses with gear rings. 0.6, 0.5, and 0.4 MOD gears are included for ENG lenses as well. Gears can be attached on either side of the motor. The high torque of the motor can drive most lenses regardless of mechanical stiffness due to cold weather or age. Secure the motor itself to your rig using the 19mm rod clamp, which includes a 15mm bushing for lightweight setups. This particular model of M26VE features 512 encoders and a 0k resistor for compatibility with Chrosziel Aladin and MagNum equipment. A 7-pin LEMO connection provides both power and control signals to the motor from the receiver or motor driver.
Chrosziel Case with Insert for MagNum Lens Control Unit
This Chrosziel Case is a hard case with a protective foam insert for the MagNum lens control. It is designed to fit the unit along with a motor, all motor cables, and a D-Tap power cable.