The Shure PGXD14/PGA31 is a wireless headset microphone system offering high-quality 24-bit / 48 kHz digital audio in a cost-effective, reliable package that's easy to use. The lightweight tabletop receiver is highly portable, making it an excellent fit for on-the-go presenters, lecturers, fitness instructors, performers, and DJs working in small venues—including weddings, houses of worship, classrooms, offices, and conference spaces.
PGX-D Digital systems operate in the 900 MHz band, far away from potential TV and cell phone interference. The receiver offers true digital diversity, using two antennas and two independent receiver circuits to ensure reliable transmission at a maximum line-of-sight range of up to 200'.
Operation is simple. Press the Scan button, and the receiver scans for a clean frequency. Press the Sync button, and the receiver and transmitter lock to the same channel via infrared ports. That's it, you're up and running. If the RF environment changes and interference is heard, simply rescan and resync to operate on a new clean frequency.
This configuration comes with a PGA31 headset condenser mic and a bodypack transmitter that will run for up to 10 hours on two AA batteries. Up to 5 wireless mics can operate simultaneously in the same space.
A Portable System with Easy-to-Use Components
- Lightweight, plastic construction for portability
- Fixed, front-facing antennas
- LEDs indicate audio levels and transmitter battery strength as well as group, channel, and locked/unlocked status
- The back panel houses an XLR mic-level output as well as a 1/4" instrument-level output
- Frequency lockout to prevent accidental changes
- TA4M 4-pin input jack with 26 dB of adjustable gain for mic/line/instrument inputs
- Power switch doubles as mute switch with quick press
- Frequency, power, and mute lockout to prevent accidental interruptions
- LEDs show mute, battery, and lockout status
- Lightweight design with molded ABS housing
Cardioid Headset Microphone
- The PGA31 headset condenser microphone is built for clear and reliable hands-free audio, featuring a cardioid polar pattern that rejects unwanted noise and a tailored frequency response engineered for speech intelligibility
- The headset offers a comfortable and secure fit with an adjustable gooseneck to position the mic for optimal sound
Add Functionality to Your System
- For fitness instructors, the SM31FH is a fitness headset condenser mic with a lightweight, sweat-resistant construction designed to withstand demanding workouts
- The discrete MX153 sub-miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications
- The WL185 cardioid lavalier mic is an alternative hands-free mic option that clips to the talent's clothing
- The WL184 supercardioid lavalier mic offers a narrower, feedback-resistant pickup pattern for louder events
- Instrumentalists can attach the WB98H/C flexible gooseneck instrument microphone for brass, woodwind, and percussion applications
- The WA302 guitar cable lets you connect the bodypack transmitter to a guitar or bass
- The PGXD2 handheld transmitter is available with different mic capsules for presenters and performers who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone—including SM58, SM86, Beta 58A, and Beta 87A capsules