The black Samsung NX Mini Mirrorless Digital Camera features a 20.5MP 1" BSI CMOS sensor to produce high-resolution imagery and full HD movies. The sensor's backside-illuminated design realizes notable clarity in difficult lighting situations and has an extended sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600. High speed shooting is also afforded, with the ability to continuously capture full-resolution RAW files at 6 fps or 5MP images at speeds up to 30 fps. A contrast-detection autofocus system works to maintain critical focus on moving subjects and utilizes up to 35 focus points, in an array of focus positions, to support working in a variety of shooting scenarios.
Housing the imaging technology is a compact body characterized by a 0.9"-thin silhouette. This body design incorporates a large 3.0" 460.8k-dot touchscreen LCD that flips up 180° to avail an efficient viewing means for self-portraiture, which is further accentuated by the Wink Shot mode for hands-free capture. The touchscreen design is also well-suited to intuitive control over the camera's features, including built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC technology for transferring imagery to mobile devices for instant sharing online.
Included with the camera body is the versatile NX-M 9-27mm f/3.5-5.6 ED OIS zoom lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24.3-72.9mm to suit working in a wide array of conditions. Benefitting its use in difficult lighting conditions, the lens features an optical image stabilization system to reduce the appearance of camera shake and enable the use of longer shutter speeds. Extra-low dispersion glass is also incorporated within the lens' design to maintain high image clarity and sharpness through the suppression of chromatic aberration.
Also included with this bundle is the SEF-7A external flash, which provides additional illumination when needed, and a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 for RAW image processing and post-production image editing.
The sensor also contributes a wealth of speed throughout the camera, including the ability to record full-resolution RAW files at 6 fps or 5MP files at speeds up to 30 fps.
In addition to the built-in pop-up flash, the SEF-7A external flash is also included for greater light output and control. This flash features a guide number of 23' at ISO 100 and attaches via the external flash port.
- Mobile Link permits selecting and transferring multiple images from the camera to the mobile device.
- Group Share allows sharing of imagery to up to four devices at a time, eliminating the repetitive process of sharing the same content to multiple users one at a time.
- Remote View Finder Pro shares a live view image and allows you to remotely control the NX Mini from your mobile device.
- The camera can be configured as a Baby Monitor, which will automatically alert a paired smartphone if a noise is detected.
- Direct sharing of files to both Dropbox and Flickr is possible for an efficient storage and backup solution.
When recording movies, manual exposure control is possible in P/A/S/M modes and Miniature, Vignetting, Sketch, and Fish Eye Smart Filters can be used to creatively enhance recordings.
- Smart shooting modes: Beauty Face, Best Face, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tone, Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Firework, Light Trace, Continuous Shot, Kids Shot, Food, Parties, and Indoors.
- Picture Wizard modes: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, and Custom, with Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation, and Color adjustment parameters.
- The intuitive Wink Shot mode enables releasing the shutter by simply winking; freeing your hands from the camera for a greater range of self-portrait possibilities.
- A 221-block segment provides TTL exposure metering, which can be utilized with multi, center-weighted, or spot metering methods.
- In-camera image editing: Smart Filter, Red-eye fix, Crop, Resize, Rotate, Face Retouch, Brightness, Contrast, Auto adjustment, Saturation, RGB adjustment, Color Temperature, and Exposure.
- Smart Filters: Miniature, Vignetting, Soft Focus, Sketch, Fish Eye, Classic, Retro, Oil Paint, Cartoon, Ink Painting, Cross Filter, and Zooming Shot.
- Language support: Korean, English, Danish, German, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Czech, French, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Polish, Finnish, Russian, Norwegian, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Hebrew, Thai, Greek, Hungarian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Serbian, Croatian, Vietnamese, and Romanian.
- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66 GHz or higher; AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 2.2 GHz or higher
- Minimum of 512MB RAM (1GB or more recommended)
- Windows 7 or 8
- 250MB of available hard-disk space (1GB or more recommended)
- USB 2.0 port
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT or higher; ATI X1600 series or higher
- 1024 x 768, 16-bit color display (1280 x 1024, 32-bit color display recommended)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later (except Power PC)
- Minimum of 256MB RAM (512MB or more recommended)
- Minimum of 110MB of available hard-disk space
- USB 2.0 port
- CD-ROM drive