Protect your Sony camcorder underwater at depths of up to 32.8' or when snorkeling or shooting in sandy, dusty, humid, or foul weather conditions with Ewa-Marine's A-FR Underwater Housing for the Sony PMW-F5 or PMW-F55. Made of clear, double-laminated PVC, the A-FR supports manual control of the camcorder's menu functions through the housing's flexible PVC skin.
A 5.0" (127mm) integrated, optically-neutral flat glass lens port at the side of the housing attaches to the camcorder lens using Ewa-Marine's CA-adapter ring system and the supplied 95mm threaded aluminum filter ring. The adapter ring accommodates and protects PL-Mount lenses with a maximum length of 7.1", a maximum diameter of 4.2", and a maximum filter thread diameter of 3.7" (95mm). Mount the adapter onto your front lens element and attach it to the interior of the port to hold the lens securely in place and prevent reflections or other optical disturbances between the two glass surfaces. 77-82mm and 82-95mm step-up rings are also supplied to adapt lenses with 77mm or 82mm threads. A tube is integrated into the housing for the side-mounted view finder. The camcorder battery (AXSR5) and 4K adapter (CA-4000) can also fit inside.
A pair of corrosion-resistant clamping rails secures the housing to form a waterproof seal at the top via knurled thumb screws, while the camera is cushioned inside by an included foam pad, which also serves as an air reservoir. The unit can be carried by an integrated tube or nylon webbing handles. Additional straps can be tightened around the camera to remove excess air when working near or above the water's surface. They also allow for the attachment of weights at the bottom of the housing to adjust buoyancy underwater. Since the volume of air in the housing decreases and the water-pressure increases as you descend underwater, more air is required inside the housing to balance the outside water pressure the deeper you dive.
This item also includes a carrying case with a waterproof interior and zippered side-pocket, an initial supply of CD5 drying agent to absorb moisture/condensation, and foam padding to fill empty space when shooting above water.
- Housing is closed by a pair of corrosion-resistant clamping rails, tightened via knurled thumb screws to form a waterproof seal.
- Depth rating: 32.8'.
Construction and Handling
- Manufactured from clear double-laminated PVC, to allow you to monitor the watertight seal and maintain a full view of the camcorder.
- Two nylon carrying straps offer an easy means of transporting the camera inside the housing.
- Additional straps allow for the attachment of optional weights at the bottom of the housing for ideal buoyancy beneath the surface.
- All essential camera controls are accessible through the housing's clear, flexible PVC body.
- 5.0" (127mm) integrated, optically-neutral, flat glass lens port.
- The supplied 95mm CA-adapter ring mounts onto your camera lens, fixing the front lens element to the interior of the port to ensure that the surface of the lens and that of the housing's front port are permanently parallel, thus preventing reflections or other optical disturbances between these two glass surfaces.
Viewfinder and Monitor Access
- A tube is integrated into the housing for the side-mounted view finder. The camcorder battery (AXSR5) and 4K adapter (CA-4000) can also fit inside.
- Black carrying case with a waterproof interior and zippered side-pocket.
- Initial supply of CD5 drying agent to absorb moisture/condensation.
- Foam padding to fill empty space when shooting above water.
- CA Ring with 95mm thread adapter.
- RA77-82 & RA82-95 step-up rings.