The AV-HS60U2P Main Frame w/ Dual Power Supply for AV-HS6000 Switcher from Panasonic features the input and output connectors and processing engine that drives the AV-HS6000 2 M/E switcher. It features 32 HD-SDI inputs, along with two DVI-D (digital only) inputs for incorporating content from computer sources. It will support video resolutions up to 1080p at 10-bit, 4:2:2 in YUV color space, and up to 1080p 8-bit, 4:4:4 in RGB color space. Additionally, it will accept VESA computer resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 for 4:3 and 1920 x 1200 for 16:10.
It features 16 output channels, with each output channel mirrored on two SDI outputs. Not only can these outputs be used for an isolated, program, or aux feed, it is also possible to combine up to 16 ISO channels and send to one display using the MultiView function. Additional display arrangements are also possible, including a "squeeze mode" which reduces the image size to fit audio levels and other data around the outside. A total of 4 channels may be used in conjunction with the MultiView function.
The system features two mix and effects (M/E) buses with fades, transitions, and other effects possible. Additionally, the switcher features both upstream and downstream keyers (USK and DSK) for filling in black space, logo and graphic insertion, and compositing. Frequently used effects, setting, video clips, and still images can be save to the internal memory for later recall during a production.
The AV-HS60U2P is designed to be operated using the AV-HS60C1P/AV-HS60C1E or RAV-HS60C2P/AV-HS60C2E control panel. In addition, software plug-ins allow operation over an IP network or using certain Panasonic and third-party RS-422 serial devices. In addition, the AV-HS60C3G Menu Panel is required to access and change settings locally at the switcher.
This version of the AV-HS60U features dual redundant power supplies. This way , if the first power fails the second will instantly takeover so that there is no interruption in service.
32 HD-SDI and 2 DVI Inputs
- Colors can be adjusted to correspond to different video source formats, camera properties, and displays
- All inputs feature a 10-bit frame synchronizer
- 8 inputs are equipped with color correctors
- 4 inputs are equipped with upconverters
- Signals can be delayed by up to 8 frames
16 SDI Outputs with 2 Outputs Per Channel
- 4 outputs are equipped with color correctors
- 2 outputs are equipped with downconverters
4-Channel MultiViewer Function
- MultiViewer can be selected from a total of 9 patterns, including: 4 split, 5 split (2 patterns), 6 split (2 patterns), 9 split, 10 split (2 patterns), and 16 split
- Source names, tallies, audio level meters, clock, and safety markers can be displayed
- Squeeze Mode can be selected to place the source name and level meter placed outside of the image
Mix and Effects (M/E)
Diverse DVE Transitions
- 4 channels of 3D DVE and 2 channels of 2D DVE systems are provided to support background and keys for each M/E bus
- Chroma Key: Thanks to the proprietary Primatte algorithm, real time and high quality key compositions are possible
- PinP (Picture-in-picture): 4 channels per M/E bus (8 channels total)
- Key Preset: The Key Preset function allows memorization and recall of the a key's particular settings. 4 settings for each channel of key and 4 settings for each channel of DSK (downstream key) can be registered
- Upstream Key (USK): 4 channels of USK are provided for applications such as adding the CG elements to fill the gap when inserting a 4:3 image in 16:9 frame
- Downstream Key (DSK): 4 channels DSK are available -- these can be assigned to PGM1 or PGM2 output
- Shot Memory: This function recalls background transition patterns or other video effects, including PinP size, position, border width, and key
- Event Memory: This function allows continuous image effects to be to registered and played back in a timeline
- Macro Memory: This function allows the recording and playback of a series of operations on the Control Panel. It can also record and playback setting information, such as input/output and keyers. Macro memories can be played back by assigning them to the cross point buttons, such as macro bus, PGM, and PST
- Video Memory: Moving image (Clip) and still image (Still) can be recorded for 4 channels each for later reuse as video sources. A maximum 60 seconds of moving images can be saved in standard mode, and Maximum 30 seconds in high image quality mode
- Multi-Selection Panel: A color panel that can display thumbnail images with high visibility
- Animation Wipe: With moving images (clip) and still images (still) recorded in video memory, it is possible to create animation wipes
- 16 AUX buses are provided. MIX transition is available from the AUX1 to AUX4 buses
- The system can be operated remotely from a PC via a network connection
- Supports interoperability with various third-party software plug-ins and connectivity with other devices. In addition to pre-installed plug-in software, customized software solutions can be created using the SDK
Included Plug-in Software
This software controls switching and transition of crosspoint with GVG200-compliant external controllers and editors using an RS-422 serial interface -- external controllers and control software are available separately
IP Connected AUX Bus Control Software
This software controls switching from a VS-R45 remote operation panel to crosspoint via an IP network
Serial Tally Software
This software provides tally output and source names to an external tally display and I/F, and features UMD protocol v3.1 support. Tally is connected via an RS-422 serial interface