The 210-RLED Cordless Microscope from National Optical is a three-objective single viewing microscope with a 45° inclined monocular. The three objectives are 4x, 10x, and 40xR, and feature achromatic lenses which reduce color distortions introduced by imperfections in optical elements. Reducing these color distortions allows you to see sharper images with better color fidelity. The retractable 40xR objective has a spring-loaded lens which will retract when it touches the slide thereby protecting the lens and the slide. The parfocalled and parcentered design allows for switching objectives without having to realign your sample and without losing focus. Both the turret and the included objectives adhere to the DIN microscope objective standard. This means that you can use any DIN objective with your microscope worrying about it ever becoming obsolete. The focusing system performs fine and coarse adjustments. The turret has four holes and can accommodate a fourth objective.
To see details of your specimens more easily, the microscope has an LED illumination system with adjustable brightness. The light intensity it delivers is equivalent to that of a 20W incandescent bulb. The white light from the bottom LED emitter is focused on the sample with a 0.65 NA Abbe condenser. The iris diaphragm located underneath the stage allows you to tune the contrast of your images while using different magnifying powers.
The microscope also features a 5.3 x 5.3" platform with an adjustable height and has two clips which hold your slides securely in place. The frame of the microscope is made of cast metal with gray enamel finish.
Included with the microscope are three rechargeable AA NiMH batteries, a wall adapter, a dustcover, and two Allen wrenches for rack stop and eyepiece socket tension adjustment. To recharge your microscope's batteries, just connect the microscope to the wall power adapter.
- DIN 4x, 10x, 40xR objectives
- The 40xR objective is retractable
- Total magnification: 40x, 100x and 400x
- Achromatic, parfocal and parcentered lenses
- Eyepiece is 10x wide field
- Monocular is inclined 45°
- Head rotates 360°
- Low position coarse and fine focusing
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- LED illumination equivalent to a 20W bulb with rheostat intensity control
- 0.65 N.A. Abbe condenser with spiral focusing mount
- Iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder, blue filter
- Cordless operation using included rechargeable batteries
- 5.3 x 5.3" platform with adjustable height
- Two clips for holding slides
- Reverse position objective turret with four holes
- Turret mount has a ball bearing
- Cast metal frame with gray enamel finish