The 211-RLED Cordless Microscope from National Optical is a three-objective single viewing microscope with a 45° inclined monocular. The three objectives are located on rotating turret with a ball bearing mount. The turret has four holes and can accommodate a fourth objective. Both the turret and the included objectives adhere to the DIN microscope objective standard. Therefore, you can use any commercially available DIN objective with this microscope.
The supplied objectives have achromatic lenses which reduce color distortions introduced by imperfections in optical elements. Reducing these color distortions allows you to see sharper images and true colors. The parfocalled and parcentered design allows for switching objectives without having to realign your sample and without losing focus. The microscope also features a wide field 10x eyepiece and has a fine and a coarse focus adjustment.
The LED illumination system has adjustable brightness which is controlled by a rheostat. It delivers light intensity equivalent to that of a 20W incandescent bulb. The light from the bottom LED emitter is focused on the sample with a 1.25 NA Abbe condenser.
The 5.3 x 5.3" mechanical stage has adjustable height, a movable slide holder and allows you to move specimen slides in X-Y plane. The slide holder bracket holds your slides securely in place. The frame of the microscope is made of cast metal with gray enamel finish.
Included with the microscope are three rechargeable AA NiMH batteries, battery charger, a dustcover, and two Allen wrenches for rack stop adjustment and eyepiece socket tension adjustment.
- Eyepiece: 10x wide field
- DIN 4x, 10x, 40xR objectives
- The 40xR objective is retractable
- Total magnification: 40x, 100x and 400x
- Achromatic, parfocalled and parcentered lenses
- Monocular is inclined 45°
- Head rotates 360°
- Separate fine and coarse focusing
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- LED illumination equivalent to a 20W tungsten bulb
- Rheostat intensity control
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser lens with spiral focusing mount
- Iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder, blue filter
- Mechanical stage
- X-Y slide motion control
- Stage size: 5.3 x 5.3"
- Adjustable stage height
- Movable specimen slide holder
- Objective turret:
- Four objective holes
- Reverse position
- Mount with ball bearings
- Cast metal frame with handles
- Gray enamel finish