The 215-RLED Binocular Cordless Microscope from National Optical is a four-objective microscope with a 30° inclined binocular viewing Seidentopf head. The four objectives are 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR. They are located on rotating turret with a ball bearing mount. The 40x and 100xR objective lens are retractable. The 100xR objective ought to be used with immersion oil to achieve maximum resolution. Both the turret and the included objectives adhere to the DIN microscope objective standard. Therefore, you can use any commercially available DIN objective with this microscope without worrying about it ever becoming obsolete.
The microscope features achromatic lenses which reduce color distortions introduced by imperfections in optical elements. Reducing these color distortions allows you to see sharper images with better color fidelity. The parfocalled and parcentered design allows for switching objectives without having to realign your sample and without losing focus. The coaxial focusing system has separate fine and coarse controls. The wide field 10x eyepieces with one pointer have and interpupillary and diopter adjustment, and can accommodate optional reticle.
The LED illumination system has adjustable brightness which is controlled by a rheostat. It delivers light intensity equivalent to that of a 20W incandescent bulb. The light from the bottom LED emitter is focused on the sample with a 1.25 NA Abbe condenser.
The 5.3 x 5.3" mechanical stage has adjustable height, a movable slide holder and allows you to move specimen slides in X-Y plane. The slide holder bracket holds your slides securely in place. The frame of the microscope is made of cast metal with gray enamel finish.
Included with the microscope are three rechargeable AA NiMH batteries, a battery charger, a dustcover and two Allen wrenches for rack stop and eyepiece socket tension adjustment.
- Eyepieces: 10x wide field
- Eyepieces have one pointer and accommodate optional reticle
- DIN 4x, 10x, 40xR, 100xR objectives
- Objective 40xR and 100xR are retractable
- The 100xR objective ought to be used with immersion oil
- Total magnification: 40x, 100x, 400x and 1000x
- Achromatic, parfocalled and parcentered lenses
- Interpupillary and diopter adjustment
- Binocular viewing is 30° inclined
- Head rotates 360°
- Separate fine and coarse focusing with scale
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- LED illumination equivalent to a 20W tungsten bulb
- Rheostat intensity control
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser lens with spiral focusing mount
- Iris diaphragm, swing-out filter holder, blue filter
- Mechanical stage
- X-Y slide motion control
- Stage size: 5.3 x 5.3"
- Adjustable stage height
- Movable specimen slide holder
- Diopter adjustment
- Seidentopf interpupillary adjustment
- Nosepiece in reverse position
- Head accommodates four objectives
- Nosepiece mount has ball bearings
- Cast metal frame with handles
- Gray enamel finish