The 215-RLED ASC Cordless Microscope from National Optical is a four-objective microscope with a 30° inclined binocular viewing and a Siedentopf head. The four ASC high contrast objectives are 4x, 10x, 40xR, and 100xR. The 40x and 100xR objectives are retractable and the 100xR objective ought to be used with immersion oil to achieve maximum resolution. The retractable 40xR and 100xR objectives have a spring-loaded lens which will retract when it touches the slide thereby protecting the lens and the slide. Both the turret and the included objectives adhere to DIN microscope objective standard. This means that you can use any DIN objective with this microscope without worrying about your microscope ever becoming obsolete. The Siedentopf head design allows for a comfortable interpupillary distance adjustment.
The supplied Achromatic Super Contrast (ASC) objectives reduce color distortions introduced by imperfections in optical elements better than regular achromatic objectives and provide higher contrast images. The parfocalled and parcentered design allows for switching objectives without having to realign your sample and without losing focus. The focusing system has a scale and can perform fine and coarse adjustments. The wide field 10x eyepieces have a pointer and can accommodate an optional reticle.
To view details of our specimens more easily, the microscope features an LED illumination system with adjustable brightness. It delivers light intensity equivalent to that of a 20W incandescent bulb. The white light from the bottom LED emitter is focused on the sample with 1.25 NA Abbe condenser.
The microscope also features a 5.3 x 5.3" mechanical stage with adjustable height. It has a movable slide holder and allows you to move your specimen slides in X-Y plane. The frame of the microscope is made of cast metal with gray enamel finish.
Included with the microscope are three rechargeable AA NiMH batteries, a battery charger, a dustcover and two Allen wrenches for rack stop and eyepiece socket tension adjustment. To recharge your microscope's batteries, just connect the microscope to the wall power adapter.
- Achromatic Super Contrast objectives
- DIN 4x, 10x, 40xR, 100xR
- Objective 40xR and 100xR are retractable
- Use the 100xR objective with immersion oil
- Total magnification: 40x, 100x, 400x and 1000x
- Parfocalled and parcentered
- Siedentopf head with interpupillary and diopter adjustment
- Binocular viewing is 30° inclined
- Head rotates 360°
- Separate fine and coarse focusing with scale
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses
- LED illumination equivalent to a 20W tungsten bulb
- 1.25 N.A. Abbe condenser lens with spiral focusing mount
- Iris diaphragm, built-in neutral density filter
- Cordless operation using included rechargeable batteries
- Rheostat intensity control
- Mechanical stage
- X-Y slide motion control
- Stage size: 5.3 x 5.3"
- Adjustable stage height
- Movable specimen slide holder
- Objective turret:
- Four objective holes
- Reverse position
- Mount with ball bearings
- Cast metal frame with handles
- Gray enamel finish