The black Olympus Stylus TOUGH TG-3 Digital Camera is a compact, ruggedly-designed point-and-shoot featuring enhanced durability to enable its use in a wide variety of conditions. In addition to being fully sealed from dust, the TG-3 is built to withstand underwater dives up to 50' deep, falls from up to 7' high, temperatures as low as 14°F, and pressure up to 220 lbf. While serving to protect on an array of adventures, these features are also well-suited to use in everyday circumstances.
In regard to imaging, a 16MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor work to produce high-resolution imagery with notable low-light sensitivity and quality. The combination of these two technologies form Olympus' iHS technology, which serves to realize fast performance throughout the camera system, including a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps and the FAST AF system, while also maintaining low image noise with a native sensitivity of ISO 6400. The sensor and processor also support recording full HD 1080p movies at 30 fps as well as SD 480p movies at up to 120 fps.
Benefitting the imaging capabilities of the TG-3 is a fast 4x optical zoom f/2.0-4.9 lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-100mm. Complementing this lens' reach, as well as aiding the camera's use in low-light conditions, is sensor-shift image stabilization, which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake.
For image monitoring and review, as well as menu navigation, a 3.0" 460k-dot LCD is incorporated into the camera's design. Accessing the menu system reveals a host of different camera features and settings, including a built-in intervalometer, automated Time-Lapse movie creation, a close-focusing Microscope Mode, and the ability to utilize built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, GPS, and an electronic compass.
- Waterproof to depths of 50' / 15.2m
- Freezeproof to temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- Shockproof to falls from 7' / 2.1m high
- Crushproof to withstand up to 220 lbf / 99.8 kgf of pressure
- Dustproof to protect the internal components of the camera
Complementing the Wi-Fi connectivity, an integrated GPS module can quickly locate your position and also enables on-board geotagging and landmark-tagging capabilities. Furthermore, an electronic compass is also available, and can display a variety of information including latitude and longitude; atmospheric and water pressure; altitude and water depth; and the date and time.
- The built-in 3.0" 460k-dot LCD monitor permits bright, clear viewing during shooting, image review, or when navigating the menu system.
- Face Detection AF, AF Tracking, and AF Lock focus modes are available to suit working with a wide variety of subject types.
- Photo Story is a creative mode allowing you to create a multi-perspective narrative within a single image, with multiple templates available to choose from.
- Backlight HDR automatically combines multiple exposures within a single frame to realize an extended range of tones with greater shadow and highlight detail than a single exposure can record.
- Hand-Held Starlight mode helps to create sharp, blur-free images of nighttime scenes without the use of a tripod.
- A built-in Panorama mode allows you to create in-camera panoramic imagery, up to 360° across, by simply panning the camera about the scene.
- 11 different Art Filters can be applied to creatively enhance imagery: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Dramatic Tone, Fish Eye, Sparkle, Reflection, and Fragmented.
- Three different Picture Modes can be applied to alter the overall quality of imagery: Vivid, Neutral, and Muted.
- In-addition to the standard 2 second and 12 second self-timer delays, a custom self-timer can be set to record 1-10 pictures in a 1-3 second interval with a 1-30 second start timer.
- In-camera image editing: Resize, Crop, Audio Clip (record 4 sec. audio clip for an image file), Red Eye Fix, Shadow Adjustment, Rotate Image, and e-Portrait (smoothes skin tone for viewing on an HDTV).
- Language support: English, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, European Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovak, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Korean, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Arabic, Bulgarian, Romanian, Persian, Indonesian, Hebrew, Malay, Vietnamese, and Japanese.