The Azden WMS-PRO+i VHF Camera-Mount Wireless Omni Lavalier Microphone System with Handheld Mic for Smartphones is a cost-effective audio solution designed to help vloggers and content creators improve the audio quality in smartphone- or tablet-based video productions.
The lightweight, portable WMS-PRO+i includes an EX-503 lavalier microphone that can be clipped to clothing, close to the speaker's mouth and an EX-413 handheld microphone for man-on-the-street interviews. Both mics plug into the bodypack transmitter and deliver a rich, present sound far superior to the audio you get from the phone's built-in mic when shooting video.
The system offers a range of 250' and two selectable VHF frequencies, which provides an option in case of signal interference. The receiver's output plugs right into the headphone jack on your phone or tablet using the supplied cable and adapter. The cable is also compatible with the audio input on DSLR and mirrorless cameras.
The transmitter and receiver each run on a single 9V battery for up to 8 hours. The receiver includes a shoemount along with hook-and-loop tape for mounting and fastening to your camera. It also comes with a headphone jack and earphone for real-time monitoring.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices equipped with a headphone jack—iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab, and more
- Also compatible with DSLR/mirrorless cameras and recorders equipped with a 3.5mm audio input
- Both mics feature an omnidirectional polar pattern ensuring that the sound remains consistent, even when the talent's head moves away from the mic
- Up to two WMS-PRO+i wireless systems can be operated simultaneously in the same environment
- The MVT-1 smartphone tripod (available separately) lets you mount the receiver to a smartphone to create a compact and portable rig, and can also be used as a tabletop stand or handheld video grip