If you are looking for a microphone and interface for recording vocals and instruments, check out the AKG C 414 XL II and Apollo Twin DUO Recording Kit from B&H. It includes an AKG C 414 XL II multi-pattern condenser microphone, a Universal Audio Apollo Twin DUO interface, an XLR cable to connect the two, and an Apple Thunderbolt cable to connect the Apollo to a compatible Mac.
The C 414 XL II is a workhorse microphone that can be used on a variety of instruments such as acoustic guitar, bass, and percussion as well as vocals. It has 5 selectable polar patterns, 3 selectable filters, and 3 pads. The microphone comes with a shockmount, a pop screen, a foam windscreen, and a road case.
Universal Audio's Apollo Twin DUO is a 2 in/6 out Thunderbolt interface that can capture your audio in up to 192 kHz/24-bit. It features 2 of UA's Unison mic preamps, which allow you to emulate classic and vintage preamps, down to their impedance and gain structures. The Apollo Twin DUO allows for real time processing of your tracks through their line of UAD plug-ins, and comes equipped with Universal Audio's Analog Classics bundle.
AKG C414 XLII Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
The classic C414 XLII Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone from AKG is a staple within the audio industry. Equipped with nine selectable polar patterns, three attenuation levels and three switchable bass-cut filters, the C414 XLII remains one of the most versatile condenser microphone for recording vocals, drums, and acoustic & amplified instruments in the studio or on stage.
This microphone closely approximates the sound of the legendary AKG C12. A slight high-frequency rise at 3 kHz and above helps compensate for the natural loss of high frequencies that occurs at a distance, making the C414 XLII an excellent choice for miking vocals & instruments that are positioned far way. The 1" edge-terminated dual-diaphragm transducer combined with the low-noise electronic circuitry provide a wide dynamic range of 134 dB and can handle SPL up to 158 dB, for a neutral and detailed sound.
Features include a peak-hold LED to alert you if overload peaks occur, and a Lock Mode so the microphone settings cannot be changed unintentionally. The elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration. The rugged all-metal body ensures efficient rejection of RF interference and makes this microphone well suited to withstand the rigors of studio and stage handling.
Built and designed in Austria, the C414 XLII comes with a metal carrying case, a spider-type shockmount, a pop filter, and a foam windscreen.
- Dual 1” edge-terminated transducer
- Nine polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8
- 134 dB dynamic range (up to 158 dB SPL)
- High-frequency boost at 3 kHZ for distance miking
- Lock Mode for live operation – all controls can be conveniently disabled
- Peak-hold LED displays overload peaks
- All-metal body rejects electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
- Three switchable bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise and proximity effect (40, 80, & 160 Hz)
- Three attenuation levels for close-up recording and high-output sources (-6,-12,-18 dB)
- Elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- Designed and manufactured in Austria
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Desktop Interface with Realtime UAD Processing for Mac and Windows
The Apollo Twin MKII DUO Desktop Interface with Realtime UAD Processing from Universal Audio is a Thunderbolt audio interface capable of capturing your audio in up to 24-bit/192 kHz with real-time, low-latency UAD plug-in processing. Building upon the success of the original, the Twin MKII offers a ground-up redesign of the A/D and D/A converters, as well as increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. Other enhancements include improved monitor functionality with Mute, Dim, Mono, and ALT speaker switching, as well as monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues.
Like the original, the Twin MKII features Universal Audio's Unison technology, which, in conjunction with their UAD plug-ins, is capable of emulating a range of tube and solid-state microphone preamps, including their impedance and gain-stage sweet spots. The interface includes the Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, the 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, and the 610-B Tube Preamp.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Two premium Unison mic/line preamps
- Two line outputs
- Front-panel Hi-Z instrument input
- Headphone output
- Two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to eight channels of additional digital input via optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle
- UA 610-B
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8X10
Kopul Studio Elite 4000 Series XLR M to XLR F Microphone Cable - 15' (4.6 m), Black
The Kopul Studio Elite 4000 Series XLR M to XLR F Microphone Cable (15') is a studio-quality cable for connecting mics to mixers, preamps, audio interfaces and recorders; or to be used in any other application where XLR connectivity is required. The cable is engineered to be both quiet and durable, and is well-suited for critical recording and broadcast situations.
Studio Elite 4000 Series cables are made from 24 AWG OFC copper wire that's wrapped with PE insulation and a conductive PVC inner shield. A cotton-yarn inner layer helps reduce electrostatic and microphonic noise. A 98% braided outer shield makes the cable resistant to EMI and RFI noise. The Neutrix XX silver connectors provide a high level of connectivity, and all the solder connections are shrink-wrapped for protection.
Apple Thunderbolt Cable (1.6')
The white Apple Thunderbolt Cable (1.6') lets you connect two Thunderbolt-equipped Mac computers in target disk mode, network two Mac computers with OS X Mavericks, or use your iMac as a display for a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.