The MeoPro 8x42 HD Binocular from Meopta is a high performance binocular that features HD extra-low dispersion fluorite objective lenses that are designed to eliminate chromatic aberrations and deliver increased resolution, contrast, and color fidelity. The objective and eyepiece lenses are armed with the proprietary MeoBright ion-assisted multicoating that serves to reduce glare and reflections and allows a 99.8% light transmission per lens surface. A MeoShield coating helps protect the lenses from abrasion.
At 8x magnification, these binoculars are ideal for birding and other observations in nature. A generous 384' field of view (at 1000 yards) makes these binoculars an excellent choice for dynamic observations or observing in tightly forested terrain.
The roof prism chassis consists of rubber armored lightweight magnesium with an ergonomic shape. The binoculars are hand-built in the USA.
- 53.6° apparent field of view
- Roof prism
- HD optics: high definition, extra-low dispersion, fluoride objective lens elements are designed to eliminate chromatic aberration (CA) or color fringing in challenging lighting conditions and deliver pin-point resolution, increased contrast and vivid color fidelity
- MeoBright - A proprietary ion-assisted lens multi-coating is an ion-assisted multi-coating designed to eliminate glare and reflections and deliver 99.8% light transmission per lens surface
- MeoShield coating helps protect exposed lens surfaces from abrasion
- Rubber-armored magnesium chassis for shock protection and comfort
- Large central focus wheel to deliver precise, accurate focus acquisition
- Waterproof, submersible and are fully protected against humidity, rain and snow
- Nitrogen purged to provide fogproof performance
Use and Handling
- Minimum focus: 9.81'
- Twist-up eyecups
- Large central focus knob
- Ergonomic rubber armoring for comfort and shock resistance