The white Nikon 1 J4 Mirrorless Digital Camera is a versatile camera featuring a CX-format 18.4MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4A image processor to produce high-resolution stills and full HD movies with notable sensitivity to ISO 12800. The combination of these two technologies also affords fast performance throughout the camera, including a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 20 fps with full-time autofocus and a 120 fps movie frame rate for recording slow motion sequences. Complementing the imaging assets is an equally deft Hybrid AF System, which combines both phase- and contrast-detection focusing methods to deliver AF performance that is both quick and precise.
Within the compact overall form factor, a large 3.0" 1,037k-dot touchscreen LCD is available for intuitive navigation throughout the menu system as well as for employing touch focus and shutter release controls. Additionally, this interface also provides a simple means to access the built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for instant image transfer to linked mobile devices.
Included with the camera body is the sleek 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-81mm. This wide-angle to short telephoto lens features a Power-Drive zoom mechanism, for quick, smooth control, and VR image stabilization to suppress the effects of camera shake.
- Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Communications protocols: IEEE 802.11b (DSSS/CCK), IEEE 802.11g (OFDM)
- Operating frequency: 2412-2462 MHz (channels 1-11)
- Range (line of site): Approximately 32.8' / 10m (with no interference)
- Data rate: 54 Mbps (maximum logical rate according to IEEE standard)
- Security: Authentication - Open system, WPA2-PSK; Encryption - AES
- Wireless setup: Supports WPS
- Access protocol: Infrastructure
- A large, bright 3.0" 1,037k-dot touchscreen LCD permits clear image monitoring and review, as well as touch-to-focus, touch-shutter release, and intuitive navigation throughout the menu system.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera, and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- Best Moment Capture allows you to view live action in slow motion and replay it as many times as you need to get the best shot using Slow View.
- Smart Photo Selector will quickly capture a burst of 20 images and automatically select the best 5 using intelligent pre-set criteria.
- Motion Snapshot mode will capture a still image as well as 1.6 seconds of slow-motion video before and after, then automatically compile both the footage and photo into a unique file that is ideal for sharing.
- Shooting modes: Advanced movie mode (includes HD movie, slow motion, fast motion, jump cut, and 4-second movie), Auto Photo mode, Creative mode (including: creative pallet, HDR, easy panorama, soft, miniature effect, selective color, cross process, and toy camera effect), Motion Snapshot (16:9), P programmed auto with flexible program, S shutter-priority auto, A aperture-priority auto, M manual, and Best Moment Capture mode (includes Slow View, Active Selection, and Smart Photo Selector).
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.