The PD-5 Multiple Hard Drive Destroyer Package with SSD-1 from Garner provides a secure way to ensure sensitive data is properly handled according to NSA standards. The package includes the TS-1 NSA Listed Degausser, the PD-5 Multiple Hard Drive Destroyer with the SSD-1 Solid State/Flash Destroyer Accessory, and a custom case.
The PD-5 Multiple Hard Drive Destroyer has an LCD display, a 9 second cycle for two standard hard drives and the included SSD-1 adds an SSD/Flash Media destruction insert. The PD-5's chassis, motor, and all main components are aluminum and completely recyclable. It has a very unique operation with its automatic High-Torque Sensor that allows the crushing wedge to move at high speed to the media and then optimize speed for maximum crushing power. The PD-5 automatically destroys all formats and sizes of hard drives including Network SCSI and IDE Drives up to 1.66" in height. Since the PD-5 doesn't rely on software, all working and non-working hard drives put in the chamber will be destroyed in just 9 seconds. A simple push of a button will ensure complete hard drive destruction. The included SSD-1 Solid State Destroyer sanitizes solid state media such as SSD, Flash, Compact Flash, USB drives, and controller boards for hybrid HDD's. Over 90 pins pierce the solid state media from top and bottom causing both perforation and waffling, which destroys the individual memory chips.
The included TS-1 NSA Listed Hard Drive Degausser is an NSA-approved degausser that can erase both perpendicular and longitudinal drives up to 5,000 Oersteds (Oe). Additionally, it erases magnetic tape media up to 2,800 Oersteds. The machine features an LCD that displays erasure status, field strength, a media counter, and diagnostics. For added security, the machine includes a built-in magnetic field verification system so you can be sure the data actually gets erased completely. The machine features quiet operation so it won't interfere with your work. The TS-1 features a compact design and comes with retractable alloy handles so you can move it between rooms.
The included case has MIL-SPEC ratings and a lifetime parts warranty. It is custom designed for the kit, with removable castors, and heavy duty steel compression latches.
PD-5 with SSD-1:
- The PD-5 can crush up to one full height 1.66" hard drive, two standard 1" hard drives, or eight laptop drives at a time
- The SSD-1 can destroy up to one standard SSD, one HDD controller board, or as many flash, compact flash, USB thumb drives, and flash chips that fit into the destruction chamber at a time
- Fast crushing time at 9 seconds
- SSD-1 Option enables you to destroy SSD's, Flash and USB thumb drives
- 32 Character LCD display with counter
- Lightweight at 72 lb
- Crushes multiple drives at a time
- Quiet, office friendly design
- No hydraulics
- All aluminum chassis and main components
TS-1 Hard Drive Degausser:
- Listed on the National Security Agency's Evaluated Products List
- Alphanumeric LCD display provides easy to read erasure status, field strength, media counter and diagnostics
- Single pass, 45 second erasure
- Built-in magnetic field verification system guarantees complete erasure
- Quiet, table-top, office friendly operation
- With 2 Tesla (20,000 gauss) of power, the TS-1 erases high coercivity magnetic media
- Erases 5,000 Oe hard drives (laptop, desktop and network up to 1" high) and up to 2,800 Oe high coercivity tape media, including all formats of LTO (1,2,3,4), SuperDLT I & II, DLT, AIT, 3590 Series, 8mm and more, all without any adapters
- Continuous duty rating (no cooling breaks necessary), quiet operation and a 45 second cycle time, the TS-1 offers a fast, cost effective erasing solution for Top Secret data
Kit Meets Government Mandates:
- NSA/CSS SDDM 9-12
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization
- NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- California Senate Bill 1386