The QuarkXPress 9 Edition for Education from Quark is desktop publishing software for Mac & Windows and is designed to create and publish rich, compelling materials for print, web, e-readers, tablets and more.
QuarkXPress got its start in the print world and brings over two decades of industry-leading experience in desktop publishing. The program gives you precise control over text, images, shapes, color and opacity and is compatible with a broad range of file formats. However, things don't end there. Equally as important as its ease of use and design capabilities is reliable and accurate print output.
To make sure your print matches what's on your screen, QuarkXPress provides soft proofing features, comprehensive color management and support for international color standards. It also includes built-in pre-flighting that can identify potential output issues early in the design process. When your layout is ready for output, QuarkXPress provides user-friendly presets for print-ready PDFs to be sure output goes smoothly.
QuarkXPress isn't just for print though. It also offers a complete set of intelligent, cross-media design and export features which allows print designers to feel right at home with digital publishing, web content and even interactive content. With QuarkXpress you can easily convert your work from print to digital format or share color definitions, style sheets and other resources between digital and print layouts.
Students, teachers, and administrators receive special educational pricing on QuarkXPress software, textbooks, and curriculum when they meet the requirements below:
- Accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction for grades K-12 or a school district for such schools.
- Accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time study.
- Administrative offices or boards of education of educational institutions.
- Quark authorized training providers as approved by Quark, Inc.
- Home schools approved by Quark at our sole discretion.
- Government schools located in United States territories.
- Named educational entities approved by Quark in writing or listed by Quark on its Web site.
- Hospitals that are wholly owned and operated by an educational institution. Wholly owned and operated means the educational institution is the sole owner of the hospital and is the only entity exercising control over day-to-day operations.
- Higher education research laboratories that are a public institution and recognized by the department of education, teach students as part of their research mission, and can provide a copy of bylaws that state the relationship with the controlling university.
- Educational consortia and systems: Corporations and associations validly organized and existing under the laws of a state or territory of the United States, each member or shareholder is an accredited school.
- Students attending an accredited public or private, primary or secondary school with valid student ID and a class schedule showing current enrollment.
- Students attending an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time study with a valid student ID and a class schedule showing current enrollment.
- Quark education product validation code notice
- QuarkXPress software sold at the discounted education pricing does not ship with the validation code required to activate the software. After purchasing, you must provide proof of eligibility in order to receive the required validation code.
After purchasing QuarkXPress at the discounted price, you will be directed to an eligibility verification website. The website will enable you to provide the required verification of your academic status. Once your eligibility has been verified, your validation code will be emailed to you.
Proof of eligibility for STUDENTS: A school photo identification card that includes school name, your name, a photo and a current enrollment date* AND one of the following items:
- Official, current non-photo student ID with name and current enrollment date
- Official, current school transcript indicating name of school and student with current date
- Official, current school tuition bill indicating name of school and student with current date
- Official, current report card indicating name of school and student with current date
- Other official dated proof of enrollment
- *If you do not have such an ID, you must instead provide a photo identification card, driver license, passport or other official photo identification.
Proof of eligibility for FACULTY & STAFF: A school photo identification card that includes school name, your name, a photo and a current date* AND one of the following items:
- Official, paycheck stub with current date and name of school and employee