Capture images on and near the water's surface, or up to 32.8' beneath it, with the Ewa-Marine VXA20 Underwater Housing for the Canon XA10, XA20, or XA25 Camcorder. Easy access to the viewfinder and all major controls, including auto and manual zoom, manual focus, white balance, gain, iris, and modes, is provided right through the clear, corrosion-resistant, double-laminated PVC body.
The housing features an integrated, optically neutral, flat glass lens port with a 3.5" / 90mm front diameter. A supplied adapter with a 58mm filter thread diameter mounts onto the camcorder's lens, attaching the front element of the lens to the interior of the port to hold it securely in place. You can also stack optional step-up or step-down rings onto this adapter to enable the use of add-on conversion lenses with different filter thread diameters. Corrosion-resistant clamping rails fit together for a waterproof seal and are tightened via knurled thumb screw knobs. Additionally, the straps at the bottom of the housing allow weights to be attached for ideal buoyancy beneath the surface.
The VXA20 is supplied in a handy yellow carrying case with a waterproof interior. Also provided are an initial supply of silica gel to absorb moisture/condensation and enough foam padding to take up any empty space when shooting above water. Below the surface, the water pressure will compress the housing and thus eliminate excess space.
- Depth Rating: 32.8'
- Manufactured in Germany from durable but flexible, double-laminated PVC, which is clear to allow you to monitor watertight seal and maintain full view of camcorder
- Clamping rails fit together for a waterproof seal and are tightened via knurled thumb screw knobs
- Both PVC and clamping rails are corrosion-resistant to protect against harsh effects of seawater
- If setup is too positively buoyant in water, attached straps at bottom of housing allow optional weights to be attached to make it more neutral
- Takes up very minimal amount of space when collapsed for easy storage almost anywhere
Control Access and Handling
- Easy access to viewfinder and all major controls, including auto and manual zoom, manual focus, white balance, gain, iris, and modes, provided right through housing body
- Built-in, optically neutral, glass lens port with flat front element
- 3.5" / 90mm front diameter
- Included adapter with 58mm filter thread diameter mounts onto camcorder's lens, fixing front element of lens to interior of port to hold it securely in place
- You can stack optional step-up or step-down rings onto adapter to enable use of add-on conversion lenses with different filter thread sizes
Additional Bundled Accessories
- Handy yellow carrying case with waterproof interior
- Initial supply of silica gel to absorb moisture/condensation
- Foam padding to take up any empty space when shooting above water; below surface, water pressure will compress housing and eliminate excess space