The Symphony Option for Media Composer 8 from Avid is a pack of 50 licenses for qualifying student, teacher, or educational institution users who would like to upgrade Media Composer to include the Symphony option. The symphony option allows you to add the advanced color correction tools from Symphony to Media Composer. In addition, the effects plug-in suite Boris Continuum Complete Lite is included.
- HSL Tools - allow you to define the luma ranges of highlights, shadows, and midtones within an image.
- Level Group - are histogram-based controls that provide precise control over the entire image, or over individual color channels.
- Channels Group - can redefine each output color channel by blending input color components in various proportions. You can also use this to view each channel in monochrome, allowing you to identify color deficiencies in each channel.
- Secondary Color Correction Tools - allow you to isolate vectors and remap different hue and saturation levels.
- Relational Color Correction - allows you to color correct one clip, and automatically apply the same changes to every use of that same clip in the timeline.
- Merge Color Corrections - color corrections made in one version of a sequence can also automatically be applied to clips in other versions.